Christmas surprises

Christmas arrived, and it bummed me that Brandon wouldn't be here. I sucked it up and decided to celebrate anyway. I got ready and came down to breakfast. Mom and dad were acting goofier than usual if that's even possible.

I sat down next to Coop, who was eating and asked, "How long have they been acting like this?"

"That's been going on for over an hour. Mom and dad have been singing every Christmas song there is. It's disturbing, if you ask me," Coop said as I looked at him and our parents.

Dad brought over a plate of pancakes and bacon. Mom brought over the rest of the items. They sat down and joined us. We ate breakfast, then went into the living room to open gifts. Coop and I receive regular clothes, gift cards, and other items. Coop and I gave our parents their presents while dad handed mom a present.

"Merry Christmas, Bella," he said as she opened the gift, revealing a charm bracelet. She held it in her hand.

"Andrew, it's beautiful. Thank you," she said as she kissed him. Then she handed him a box.

He opened it and looked at her. "Really?"

Mom grinned as he pulled out a shirt and showed us revealing #teamAndrew. Coop and I looked at each other and shrugged. Our parents were weird.

The rest of the day Coop and I spent lounging around until dad yelled at us to get ready. Both of us went and got read; then people started arriving such as Nana and Papa.

They walked in and hugged everyone; then we exchanged gifts. Papa teased dad about his gift that mom gave him. I guess it was an inside joke with them, which I will never get. Other people arrived, and we all hung out.

Casey and Marta were going at it, which was typical since they did this every Christmas as Mariana and Gavin had to tell them to knock it off. Kevin and Uncle Ty laughed. Our family is weird.

It made me miss Brandon even more.

********
Coop

Casey and I hung out while everyone talked.

"Dude, I don't get why you don't give Cody a chance, maybe then you wouldn't be so damn miserable," Casey mentioned.

"Says the guy, who refuses to date," I replied.

"I have standards," he shrugged.

"What standards?" I asked him.

"Like way up here," he answered as he raised his hand above his head.

"You flirted with an ugly ass nurse so Brandon could see Andi. Your standards aren't that high," I told him.

"Hey, even ugly people need love," he retorted as I shook my head. "Plus, that was probably the highlight of that woman's life because I'm sure guys aren't beating down her door."

Gavin walked over and smacked Casey upside the head as Casey shot him a look.

"Stop commenting about people's appearances. It's not nice," Gavin ordered him.

"Says the guy, who married my other dad," Casey remarked.

"I'm not ugly," Ty exclaimed as I rolled my eyes.