A special first date

Tonight was my date with Brandon. I was a bit nervous was mom tried to help me get ready.

"Andi, relax, it's Brandon who you've known for years," she reassured me.

"Mom, it's different. Even though we have known each other for years, I never looked at Brandon with anything more than friendship. It's a little scary," I sighed.

She looked at me and gave me a small smile. "Andi, I know what it was like to like someone and be scared that I would fall without him catching me."

I looked at her as she smiled at me.

"It was my dad, wasn't it?" I asked her.

"Yep, it started with trying to make your uncle Ty jealous and end up with me falling for him," she added.

"Even if she was oblivious at the fact I had always liked her," we heard my dad say as we turned and saw him leaning against the door frame with a smirk. Mom rolled her eyes at him.

"But it all worked out," I said to them.

"Not without a few bumps along the way," mom reasoned as I looked at them.

Then we heard Coop yell, "Andi, lover boy is here!"

I swear he was just like papa.

"Well, here I go," I said as I stood up and walked out of the room, leaving them both to watch me with smiles.

I walked downstairs to find Brandon waiting for me.

"Ready?" He asked me.

"Yep," I answered as he slid his hand into mine.

"Don't knock her up or dad and papa will have no issue castrating you," Coop commented as I looked at him with 'if looks could kill' he would be dead. Brandon looked at him oddly.

"Coop doesn't be an ass," dad told him as he smacked him upside the back of the head. He looked at Brandon, "But he's right." He smiled as my expression changed to horror as he waved to us.

Brandon lost all of his colorings as I dragged him out of my house before all hell broke loose. Which I'm pretty sure it was going to happen in a few minutes. Sure enough like clockwork, I heard mom yelling at Coop and dad. Well serves them right.

We got into Brandon's car; then he left taking me to a place for our date. It didn't take him long to get to our destination. He pulled up to a carnival, and we got out of the car.

I looked at him. "A Carnival?" I asked him a bit confused.

"I thought it would be less pressure, plus they have junk food," he grinned cheekily at me, causing me to laugh. When we were younger, our parents would take us to an amusement park and carnivals. Brandon and I would gorge ourselves on junk food, then ride the rides, causing us to puke into a garbage can. Good times, I tell you.

He bought some tickets, and we rode a couple of rides before grabbing something to eat. He got a couple of slices of pizza and some pop. We walked over to a picnic table and sat down, so we could chow on our greasy pizza.

"I have a confession," I said as he looked at me, "I was a little nervous about tonight."

"Well, if we're confessing, so was I. My parents tried to give me advice about tonight. Let's say they had a difference of opinion. Dad suggested I go fast, and mom suggested I go slow," he admitted as I giggled.

"Yeah, my parents were no better," I smiled as he chuckled.

After we finished eating, we decided to let our food settled. I didn't feel like dealing with horrible breath if there was any kissing involved. We walked around, hand in hand as we checked out the booths. I had to admit this was a great date.

Then we came to another ride and looked at each other with shit-eating grins. Brandon handed the guy our tickets as we kicked off our shoes, before climbing into a bounce house. The minute we entered, we went crazy, bouncing around. We chased each other, falling, and laughing. That has always been our favorite ride at the carnival.

After a half-hour, we climbed out of the bounce house, and put our shoes back on, before making our way to the Ferris wheel. We climbed into a seat and sat down. Once everyone was on, it started going up slowly and around.

"So, is this a good date?" Brandon asked me.

"No," I answered sincerely. Brandon's expression became serious. "It's an amazing date." I smiled as he did too.

"Then I guess, me asking you to be my girlfriend, would be the perfect end to this amazing date?" He looked at me with hope.

"That would be the best way to end the date," I answered as he smiled, then leaned in to give me a sweet kiss. He wrapped his arm around me as I snuggled into him, while the Ferris wheel went around a couple of more times.

When it finished, we got off and went to ride some more rides, before he took me home. Brandon pulled into my driveway, and we got out of the car. He walked me to the door and kissed me as the porch light went on and off like a hundred times. I swear my dad was something else. I finally told him goodnight before going inside to find my parents sitting on the couch, acting all innocent. They were far from innocent.

"Was that necessary?" I asked them.

"We have no idea what you're talking about hot lips," dad lied as mom smacked him while rolling her eyes.

I shook my head as I went upstairs. I swear my parents were something else, especially my dad. I think he was hanging out with papa too much.

*********
Brandon

I drove home, happy. Finally, Andi was my girl. When I got home, I walked inside and was yanked inside by my parents, who bombarded me with questions.

"How was the date?" Mom asked.

"Did you have fun?" Dad asked.

"Were you a gentleman?"

"Did you get to first base?"

"Is she going to be your girlfriend?"

"Did she say yes?"

"When can Bella and I plan your wedding so we can get grandbabies?"

Dad and I looked at her.

"What? I want cheeks," she whined.

I shook my head as I said, "The date was great, we had fun, Andi accepted my offer to be my girlfriend, no I didn't feel her up, and no, you can't plan my wedding. Night," I told them both as I went upstairs.

I swear my parents were just as crazy as Andi's parents. Must be a parent thing. All I could say was I was happy that Andi said yes. For once, I was thrilled.