The circus has arrived

After our date on Saturday, I wasn't sure if I should call Brandon or not call him. Should I wait for him to call? Should I act casual? Do I think about things? Do I wonder if he wants to be my boyfriend?

"Andi, I know you enjoy talking to yourself and all, but could you stop? You're worse than Betty on Riverdale," Papa said as I stopped and looked at him.

"I still trying to decide how I feel about this and if I need to set some ground rules for Brando," dad added as I gave him a look.

"Well, excuse me, if this is all new to me. It's not like I'm good at this," I exclaimed.

"Neither was your mother, but somehow she managed to marry this dipwad and have you, kids," Papa remarked as dad rolled his eyes.

"Need I remind you, Bella had a thing for my brother, who happens to be gay?" Dad countered.

"Need I remind you, that you fake dated, then dumped her because you thought something was going on between her and your dipwad brother?" Papa retorted.

"No," dad groaned.

"Can we deal with the fact my dad had some weird hang-up later?" I asked them both as they both gave me a look.

Neither one was a big help.

Then there was a knock at the door. I walked over and answered it as Marta and Casey strolled in. Casey proceeded to make himself at home on a chair.

"Don't you have a home?" Dad asked him.

"Yeah, and it's quite lovely, but I prefer to annoy you," he grinned as dad rolled his eyes.

"What my dink of a brother is trying to say, is we're hiding from our parents," Marta added.

"I'm not your brother, you heathen. Your mother was my incubator," Casey retorted.

"Casey Mario Angelita Delgado, I wasn't your incubator," Mariana yelled as she walked in with Kevin and proceeded to walk over and smack Casey upside the head. "I am your mother, which you need because every boy needs a mom."

"Mariana, stop smacking our boy," Ty yelled as he and Gavin walked into the house.

"Christ, the circus has arrived," papa groaned as I stood there.

While they all talked amongst themselves, I stood there contemplating my next move. Then I felt two arms slide around me from behind as someone kissed my cheek. I turned my head to see Brandon, which made everything better.

"I want babies!" Brila yelled as she walked in with Caleb.

"And I want peace, which I don't see happening," Papa added as he got up and went into the kitchen.

Mom came out of the kitchen and started talking to the other adults like us; teens decided to go anywhere, but here. We ended up in my room with Coop joining us.

"I see the rents are at it again," he mentioned as he plopped down on my bed.

"When aren't they at it? Have you met the parental units? It's like they have some weird-ass desire to interfere in our lives," Casey said to him.

"Because they're our parents you dink," Marta rolled her eyes.

I sat there as Brandon had his arms around me, listening to them talk. Our friends were crazy, but the right kind of crazy.

"By the way, you and Cody seem quite chummy," Casey mentioned to Marta. That caused Coop's face to turn to her direction.

"I've been helping him with a project. He's not that bad," Marta replied as I sat there and watched them discuss Cody while Coop stew. The one thing my baby brother will never admit it, he has an idea for anyone, including Cody.

At one point, Coop got up and left the room. Most siblings would follow and find out if their sibling was okay. We weren't those siblings. I looked at my friends and said, "Okay, spill."

"Cody asked me to help him ask Coop out," Marta confessed as I sat there a bit suspended.

"Wait, are you telling us that Cody likes Coop?" Brandon asked.

"Big-time," she answered.

"Then why doesn't he just say anything?" I asked her.

"Well, maybe he's afraid Coop will inherit the dramatic gene from his big sister," Casey remarked.

I gave Casey an annoyed look. You have to love family since they are the only ones that can annoy you faster than anything. Marta hauled off and smacked him.

"What drinkable boy here needs to know is, Cody wants to make sure he makes the right decision with Coop," Marta rolled her eyes.

"Drinkable is not a word, you half-wit. If you spent more time in English class and less time getting busted for being unholy, you would know these things," Casey retorted.

I rolled my eyes at the fact; these two were our friends, somewhat related, and family. It still boggles my mind.

"You just wait, one day you will meet a girl, and your whole outlook is going to crash and burn," Marta said as she made a crash and burn sound with her mouth and hands.

"Well, that will never happen because I'm never going to date," he replied as he stuck out his tongue at her.

"Casey, there will come a day when you do date. It's inevitable, and you can't stop it," Brandon reminded him.

"I can. Unlike everyone in this room and out of this room, I am secure and confident in my life that I don't need someone to make it complete. I'm not oblivious like yahoo over there," he said, pointing at me. "I'm not hung up on someone like you," he added, pointing to Brandon. "And I'm sure in the hell, nothing like this one. That crazy gene skipped me, thanked God," he groaned as he pointed at Marta.

"Just wait, one day someone is going to change your mind," Brandon told him.

"I wish them luck," he laughed as I shook my head.

Casey was an unusual guy. He was one of the few guys that had some weird-ass confidence about him. I'm pretty sure if he ever meets a girl, she's going to have to be crazy in her own right. God help us all when we meet her because I'm pretty sure we were going to need it.