A ball of crazy

Casey

I try to avoid girls, yet they don't prevent me. They call it animal magnetism. I call it attracting crazy. Take the current crazy that dragged me out of the lunchroom. She seems okay at first; then once you get to know her, she's a whole ball of crazy.

"Is there a reason you're dragging me down the hallway like a rag doll?" I questioned her as she stops and lets go of me.

"You seem like a levelheaded guy who has their shit together," she said.

"We already established that. You didn't answer my question," I told the girl.

"I need a partner in crime. See, I noticed the banshees you all love to refer to those twit as need learning a lesson. I want to teach them," she reasoned.

"You've piqued my curiosity. Go on," I encouraged her.

"Rumors start with people lying. So, let's enlighten everyone," she explained as I looked at her curiously. Why am I going to regret this?

********
We haven't seen Casey since lunch. I wonder if he was okay with Larissa? Then again, I'm sure he could handle his own with her.

I was getting my stuff from my locker as my friends were talking when we heard someone over the intercom.

"Attention students, we have an announcement. It seems we have some girls who like to run their mouth," they said.

We all stopped.

"Yeah, it seems they like to accuse an innocent person of doing stupid shit," another voice said, which happened to be Casey's voice. We all looked at each other.

"See, the local banshees have been at it again. Crystal wrongfully accused someone of a bad thing. Sandra loves to make someone feel like shit, exposing personal business that is none of their business. Then you have Darla, who told Keith to stand up someone who didn't deserve it. Oh, did we mention that Sandra got caught making out with a chick? No? Oops, my bad," they said as they outed the three banshees.

"Let's not forget, Darla has a thing for a guy who doesn't swing that way and begs him for a date. Sips tea, but that's none of my business," Casey added as we all stood there trying not to laugh.

"Listen, you three hoes, we have a garden that needs some work. The next time you decide to run your mouth, we'll make you eat dirt," they threatened. Damn, that was harsh but funny.

"Hi ho, hi ho, hi ho, off work you shall go," Casey announced until they were interrupted by the principal.

"What are you two doing?" The principal asked them.

"Not each other if that's what you're implying," Casey answered.

"Yeah, we got to go. Ta ta," the other voice said.

It was at that moment; I couldn't hold it any longer and laughed a lot. My friends looked at me like I was crazy until they realized it was hilarious, then they started laughing.

It couldn't have happened to better people.

*******
Casey

We didn't escape without punishment. They suspended us for three days and called our parents. Larissa and I sat in the office, waiting for our parents to show up.

Gavin showed up along with Ty, and two women showed up. I stood up as I heard them talk to Larissa. That was a new development. I didn't know she had two moms. I was used to not having a mom except Mariana, who was my defacto mom.

"Couldn't you wait to get suspended until you have been here for a while?" A lady asked her.

"I could have, but those twits deserved it. Plus, Uncle Lex's boys have done worst," she told the woman.

"Larissa you need to be nice," the other woman said gently.

She looked at her. "Mom, I promised I would be nice for you," she told the woman. I watched as Larissa smiled at her. It was interesting how she spoke to her. She didn't backtalk and wasn't sarcastic.

"Did you hear anything we said to you?" Gavin asked me.

"Define the word hear," I answered as he gave me a look.

"Listen to your father," Ty ordered me. I gave him a look.

"The way you keep going, you may graduate," Gavin mentioned to me.

"Considering I don't drink, do drugs, never been with a girl, and managed to get excellent grades, I would say I'm doing well," I said with a grin.

"Cute," Gavin said as I shrugged while Larissa and her moms laughed. They noticed the women and introduced themselves. "I'm Gavin, and this is my husband, Ty."

"I'm Lakin, and this is my wife Mia," she introduced them. "Sorry if our daughter got your son into trouble," she apologized.

"Nothing we hadn't done when we were younger," he told her.

After they talked for a few minutes, we left. It didn't matter since I was grounded. That was nothing new. I may see graduation at some point.

********
Brandon

I took Andi and Coop home. I'm sure we're not going to be seeing Casey for a while. He's my best friend, but he's always getting grounded.

We walked into their house after we arrived and met by her dad.

"Gavin called. He said Casey is ground for the rest of eternity," he told us. "Did he really get on the intercom?" He asked us.

"He decided to expose the banshees," Andi told him.

"Yeah," Coop added as he walked away. We all looked at each other. I had a feeling this had something to do with Cody.

*******
Coop

I went up to my room. I was beyond pissed. The one guy I liked couldn't see me for dust. Then to find out some girl tried to make a move on him was bullshit.

I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in," I said as the door opened and dad stood there. I looked at him.

"Andi and Brandon filled me in on what happened at school. Want to talk about it?" He asked me.

"What's to talk about, Dad? It's not like it matters," I said.

He walked into my room.

"Coop, it always matters," he informed me.

"Dad, not to him," I answered as he looked at me. I sighed. "What do you do when you like someone, and they can't see you for dust? It doesn't help the fact he's graduating this year." I walked over and took a seat on the edge of my bed.

Dad joined me.

"Coop, I can't tell you it's easy because it's not. What I can tell you is that you won't know unless you go for it," he reasoned.

I looked at him.

"I liked your mom, and she had some weird thing for my brother. It took persuading, but she eventually came to her senses," he said chuckling.

"And the fact Uncle Ty is gay," I reminded him.

"Yeah, which caused unnecessary issues because of it," he added.

I laughed. "So, you think I should say something?" I asked.

"You won't know until you do," he answered as I looked at him.

The thing about Dad was he's a good guy who cares about us. He's always been there for us. You can't ask for anything better than that.

Tomorrow I would take his advice. Let's hope it doesn't blow up in my face.