Advice

Coop

I went over to see papa. I know dad is trying to help, but I thought I would get some expert advice. I explained everything to him as he sat there and listened to me. I finished, and he looked at me strangely.

"What do you think?" I asked him.

"I think your dad is a dipwad and you should avoid his advice," he said as I looked at him confused. "Coop, you kids have a bad habit of thinking you know what is best for yourselves. You don't. Trust me on this."

"That's a big help," I said.

"You came to me for help, and I'm giving it to you. Listen, you're making it more complicated than it is. Either the guy likes you, or he doesn't. Don't be like most of these teen nowadays and be indecisive. It's exhausting," he reasoned as I looked at him.

At this point, I didn't know what to do. Dad tells me to go for it, and papa tells me to keep it simple. How the hell do you do that?

I decided to talk to Casey. That's if I was able to speak to him. I knocked on his door. Uncle Ty answered it, and I went inside.

"What's up Coop?" He asked.

"I need to talk to Casey," I told him.

"Good luck! I'm freaking grounded!" Casey yelled from upstairs.

"And mouthy," Gavin yelled from the kitchen.

"Do you want me to continued singing off-key?" Casey yelled back to him.

"God no," Gavin groaned.

"I blame Mariana and Gavin for his unruly behavior," Ty mentioned as I looked at him. I shrugged as I went upstairs.

I walked into his room to see him lying on his bed, tossing a ball into the air.

"Aren't you grounded?" I asked.

"Nothing new there, I'm always grounded. Good thing because it keeps the babes away," he retorted as I rolled my eyes.

"You don't even want to date," I mentioned to him.

"True, but doesn't mean I'm not a hot commodity," he remarked. I shook my head. Casey was something else. He sat up. "What's up?"

"I'm thinking of telling Cody I like him," I said.

"Why?" He asked with a look.

"Why not?" I asked him.

"And what if he doesn't like you? Then you're butthurt, and we get to listen to it," he reasoned.

"Good point," I replied.

"I'm messing with you. Dude, if you like him, then for the love of God, say something. If you don't, you won't know. If he doesn't like you, then you can find someone who does," he advised.

I looked at him. Maybe he was right. I wouldn't know if I didn't say anything.

******
The next day I went to school and found Cody at his locker. I walked over to him and pushed him away from his locker and down the hallway.

"Coop?" He said, confused.

"We need to talk," I said as I pushed him towards an empty classroom. Once inside, I closed the door as he walked over and sat down on top of a desk. I started pacing back and forth. "Okay, I'm just going to say it." I stopped and looked at him. "I like you."

"Okay," he said as I looked at him.

"No, I mean I like you," I added as he looked at me. I stood there, not knowing what to say.

Cody sat there and rubbed his chin as I stood there.

"Forget I said anything," I said as I turned and walked towards the door. As I opened it, someone closed it. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Not letting you leave," he answered as I turned and looked at him. He stood in front of me. "You tell me you like me, but you don't get to leave until I do something."

I furrowed my brows. "What's that?"

He didn't say anything, but leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I felt his hands touch my face as he deepened the kiss as I responded. I moved my hands to his waist as he continued to kiss me, then I realized what happened. I pulled back as he looked at me.

Without thinking, I quickly got the hell out of there and took off. I ran down the hallway.

*******
Andi

Brandon and I walked down the hallway as we saw Coop run past us. What in the world? Then we saw Cody run past us. "Get back her hot lips!" He yelled as we looked at each other, confused.

"It was a mistake!" Coop yelled as he ran past us again with Cody chasing him.

"That was not a mistake!" Cody yelled as we stood there.

"I see Coop confessed," Casey mentioned, walking up to us. We looked at him as they ran past us again.

"Why is Cody chasing Coop?" Marta asked.

"Something about him having hot lips and Coop confessing," Brandon mentioned as we stood there.

"Took him long enough," Marta said as we looked at her. "Cody was trying to find a way to ask Coop out."

"I don't think that's how someone asks another out by chasing them," Casey told her as we watched Cody chase Coop. Then we watched as Cody tackled Coop and pinned him to the floor. Cody got up and dragged Coop away as Coop yelled for us to help him. He's on his own. I have enough to deal with in my life.

*******
Coop

Some help my family is. You would think they would help a guy out. Nope, not them. Cody dragged me down the hallway to a room and let go of me. He closed and locked the door as I stood up.

He turned and faced me. "Look, this isn't going to work if I have to chase your ass around," he told me as he walked towards me.

I looked at him; then I thought about it as he stood there.

"Take your time, I can wait," he said as he crossed his arms.

I thought about it; then it hit me. My eyes widened.

"Wait, you like me?" I asked him.

"Well, I see the brain is starting to work," he replied with a smirk.

I walked past him and started pacing the room as I mumbled. He stood there and watched me. I finally stopped and looked at him.

"What about Marta?" I asked.

"What about her? She's gay and not my type." He shrugged.

"Then what was with going off with her?" I asked him.

"She was helping me with a way to ask you out," he answered as I looked at him, surprised. "I wanted to know what you liked and what you like to do. I would have asked Andi, but she had issues with me as it is."

I looked at him as he looked at me.

"What about when you graduate?" I asked.

"What about it?"

I looked at Cody, and as much as I wanted this when he graduated, he would leave, and I would still be here.

"I don't want to get my hopes up and realize that they'll get a crush. You may be fine with a short term thing, but I'm not," I told Cody as I turned and left the room.

I know people would think I'm crazy, but college changes people. I didn't want to fall for this guy and one day wake up alone. I can handle a lot of things, but getting my heart crushed wasn't one of them.