Father knows best

Andrew

After staying with Andi and comforting her, I finally left her with Bella to pay Brandon a visit. I was tired of seeing my daughter broken and ultimately giving up on the possibility of love. I saw so much of myself in her, and I knew what would help.

I drove over to Brila's and Caleb's house to have a chat with their pride and joy. After knocking, Caleb answered the door, "Andrew? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see Brandon," I said as Brandon came down the stairs, saw me and proceeded to turn around, going back up the stairs.

Caleb turned and said, "freeze!"

Brandon stopped and turned to face us.

I walked inside as Caleb closed the door behind me.

"Mind telling me why you rejected my kid after you told her you were in love with her?" I inquired.

"Technically, Casey told her, I just never denied it," he replied, making me want to beat him over the head with something.

Caleb facepalmed himself, "Brandon, no."

Brandon gave his dad a look as I stood there looking unamused. He finally made his way down towards us.

"Look, kid, I have a daughter crying and feeling like she isn't good enough for anyone," I reasoned.

"No offense, Andrew, but I don't feel like being rejected again," he said with an annoyed look. I swear this kid is a glutton for punishment. Who the hell tells someone's father this? He does.

"I get it. I was the same way with Bella, but the truth is, if you don't try, you will never know," I told him.

"Oh really, ever watch her fawn over some guy who not into her?" He asked me.

I rolled my eyes, "Actually, I did. Bella fawned over my dipwad brother, and we all know why he wasn't into her."

"Wait. What?" He looked at me, confused as I stood there, giving him a knowing look. I waited until it clicked in his pea-sized brain. "Whoa," was all he could manage, when it finally dawned on him what I just said.

"That must have sucked to know someone you liked, liked someone who was gay," he responded, making my left eye twitch.

"Yeah, thanks for the reminder. Can we talk about something else, then the fact my wife is oblivious to things?"

Caleb was trying not to laugh as I heard him snickered. Note to self; I need to beat his ass later.

Brandon shrugged as I shook my head.

"Either listen to me, or I can sic Mack on you," I threatened as I watched Brandon's color drain from his face.

"Is that necessary?" Caleb asked me, now that he wasn't laughing.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures," I shrugged.

"Come on, Andrew! That is my kid. He's too young to have to deal with Mack," Caleb exclaimed.

"Caleb, there are three people Mack lives more than anything in this world, my wife, my daughter, and my son."

"What about you?" He asked me.

"He barely tolerates me," I spoke with a look that meant business.

"Good point," Caleb wagged his finger.

I turned and looked at Brandon, "now imagine what would happen if Andi happened to, oh, I don't know, mentioned you rejected her, and she gave up on love to her papa?" A smile curled upon my lips when I asked him that question.