Chapter 30- Broken

PLAY MUSIC AFTER HAILEY DRAGS LOGAN OUT OF HELICOPTER!

Okay, now I have a new challenge for you all (since you did the 19-23 chapter challenge!). I feel like this book needs more votes with how many reads it has. I really would like 1K! I know that's quite a challenge, but you've already met quite a few of my other goals, so I know you can all do it!

By the way THANK YOU SOO FREAKING MUCH FOR 7K! I'm amazed that my book would have this many reads/views! Thank you all!!
I hope you like this chapter, because I worked hard on it! Please oh please leave me feedback! I need more motivation once again. Every time you don't comment or vote, I think you people hate the chapter! So yeah, I really want to know what you think-whether it's comments or private messages.

I typed this all tonight (but it's not edited), so enjoy peeps! 🐣👈👈👈

See what I did there? 👆

Never mind!

Love you guys!

~MS~

~~~

When you're left with two decisions: life or death, what do you choose?

I knew my life as I knew it was gone. Whether it was death or life that I got, I knew I would go scarred. That scar, I knew, was going to be deep. My father, as a young girl, always told me it's not about the choices you make, it's about the people you're making the choices for. I never got all of his wisdom until now. Nor did I get the visions I had lately.

Not until he was standing in front of me, did I know what they meant.

Not until my life was on the verge of being taken from me did I know what I was destined for.

Not until I felt it rising up did I know what I truly was.

~~~

Bum, bum. Bum, bum.

The wings of the chopper were distant from my mind. All he needed now was help. I had done everything.

Rorke was going to pay now. He was going to die. Today.

~~~

PRESENT TIME:

"Hailey?" a knock on the door made my head pop up from where I was putting on my gloves.

"Come in," I blinked, my eyes narrowed.

"Want me to do your face-paint for you?" Keegan asked, shutting the door behind him.

"I have something else in mind," I stood up, adjusting my sleeves.

"What's that?"

"Remember the day Merrick took me someplace private?"

"Vaguely, why?"

"Well," I opened the drawer to my dresser, "he gave me this."

Holding the black cloth up, I saw Keegan widen his eyes. I smirked and slipped it over my face. When I turned to look at myself in the body mirror, Keegan wrapped his arms around me. Underneath my mask, I smiled. We looked perfect together. His mask more of a drip, mine more of a solid figure. I was wearing my father's mask. And I felt honored to be wearing it.

"I love you," Keegan whispered in my ear and nuzzled into my neck.

"I love monkeys!" I giggled, afraid to say it for the first time in months.

Keegan laughed, actually laughed, for the first time in a few months. I smiled and Hesh peeked his head in. "If you two love birds are done, then I need you two helping on deck. The ships are moving out in ten."