Chapter 14- Will Things Ever Be the Same?

Two Hours Later

"Shut-up, Keegan," Hesh pouted. "Everyone knows you have the smallest dick here!"

Playing with my food on plate with a silver fork, I listened to Hesh and Keegan argue over....well....

"Your's is so small," Hesh squeezed his fingers together, "that it's the size of an ant."

Shaking my head, I slouched down. My head felt dead from not having sleep in days. I didn't really "sleep" in my vision. It felt like more of a nightmare, so I had not gotten my real rest.

Feeling eyes burn into my skin, I looked up. It wasn't Merrick, surprisingly, but Logan. His blue eyes seemed to look at me in such a way, I wanted to shiver. Why wasn't he eating?

"I need some air," I stood up and everyone stopped talking to look at me. "Don't worry," I sneered, "I won't leave."

Exiting the room, I pushed the door open to go outside. The cool fall air hit my face, waking me up instantly. Letting the door close behind me, I lept off the two stone steps to run to the gates of the Ghost base.

Pressing a button, I watched as the gate opened so I could exit the base. I breathed multiple sighs of relief.

Taking a step forwards, I was instantly yanked back and slammed into a wall. My shoulder stitches started to bleed slightly from the motion. I gasped out from choking on my own breath.

"Where are you going?" I gazed slightly up into the frightening blue eyes of Logan.

"Nowhere! I told you that!" I hissed back.

"Why'd you open the gates then?" Logan's breath was close to my face.

"To go out for some 'air' as I said!" I tried to wiggle out of Logan's grip in the moonlight.

"You're lying!" Logan shoved his hand deeper into my shoulder and I gasped in pain.

"L-Logan," I clenched my teeth. "Why would I be lying? There is no where for me to go from this fucking hellhole! Now let me go!"

Logan paused, but soon lifted his hand from my shoulder to let me go. Grabbing my shoulder instantly, I sunk to the ground practically crying in pain. Luckily, Logan couldn't see the tears forming in my eyes in the moonlight.

"Why," I winced, "why did you follow me out here?"

"I didn't want to have you leave," Logan sunk down next to me, his uniform somewhat tight against his chest.

"Like you would care," I tightened my grip on my shoulder when another stitch broke.

"I would," Logan made me look at him. "We all would."

I didn't reply.

"You make us complete, Hailey. I wanted to make sure you didn't leave us again- especially Keegan."

"What?"

"Oh, yeah," Logan rubbed the back of his neck. "Keegan was like a little girl who didn't get a pony when she wanted it so badly. He was always talking and wondering about you. Merrick finally sent him back to train with the recruits after a while."

I smirked and looked down. So this is how they always think of me? Do I really belong here or with Rorke?

"That's, um," I cleared my throat. "Well....interesting."

"Just don't tell him I told you, 'cause he'll kick the shit outta me," Logan laughed and I ended up joining in.