Chapter 28- Savior

I'M SO SORRY THAT IT'S BEEN SO LONG! I have been extremely busy, so please don't hate me! I hope I haven't lost any readers who had this in their library! Sorry! Please don't hate me! :(

I hope you like the chapter. For you Logan lovers out there, you will. :)

Vote, Comment, Follow!

Love you all! (and I'm so so so so so so so so so SOOOOOO sorry!)

~MS~

~~~

The gun in my hands made my body tremble with fear. Or was it? Maybe it was anger and sadness. Maybe it was because my powers were rising, surging through my body as they came forward-breaking through my shell my body had put around them for so long. This was who I was.

I am Hailey.

~~~

"Hailey!" Hesh hissed next to me. "Pay attention!"

Narrowing my eyes, I looked forwards to where Logan layed on the ground, almost looking dead. Blood seemed to be his new skin color on his face. Bruises were painted on him all over the place. My powers flared when I still saw the knife sticking out of Logan's shoulder.

"Keegan, are you in position?" Hesh whispered.

"Yes," Keegan's voice came in through the radio. "I have eyes on five enemy targets guarding Logan."

"Only five?" I hissed and Hesh glanced at me. "This doesn't sound like Rorke."

"I have your back," Keegan whispered. "Get in, get Logan, get out!"

"I'll place C4 around while you make your way to Logan, Hailey," Hesh murmured. "Got it?"

"Yes," I hissed, my powers still flaring.

"Finger off the trigger," Keegan hissed to me personally in the radio. "I understand your powers are flaring at seeing Logan, but you have to be smart about this. When you kill those guards, don't shoot your weapon."

"Stop commanding your Commander!" I practically snarled and then started off towards my route to Logan.

Sliding my gun behind my hip, I twirled my black knife in my hand. Narrowing my eyes, I crouched in the shadows. The Federation man in front of me said something into his radio. Before he could finish, I covered his mouth, brought him to the ground, and then sliced his neck.

This is who I am.

Why that voice came back inside my head, I didn't know. I only felt like I had to obey it. I had to obey who I was right now. Was that voice telling me to always be this person who's power was forever flaming? Maybe I wasn't even human at all. But if I wasn't human, then what was I?

"Logan!" I practically cried.

"Ha.....ey," Logan coughed out blood when he tried to talk.

"Shh," I whispered, putting my gloved finger to his mouth. "I'm here, you're safe."

Your powers.

Was this voice my mother or something? It sounded so familiar.

"What?" I whispered.

Use your powers to help him.

"Ha...ey....h..el..p......me," Logan whispered.

Rolling him over so that he was on his back, I clutched Logan's hand in both of mine. Clenching my teeth and shutting my eyes tight, I pushed for my powers to go into him.