Chapter 22- Flashbacks

Walking along one of the long and boring hallways of the makeshift base, I kept my head down. Keegan, Logan, Kick, and Hesh were gone on a stealth mission. They wouldn't be back until tomorrow or around midnight tonight. Of course, I was stuck to do nothing around the base.

Entering my room, I quickly stripped down to my underwear and black tank top. Falling down onto the bed, I rested my head on the pillow and hugged it with my arms. I stared blankly ahead, my mind drifting one place to another- the war and then to my love for Keegan and then back to my childhood. Soon, thinking about everything, I fell asleep.

~~~

"Quick! The evil trolls are coming to attack!" a little girl screamed. "Come on Sparkles! Use your magical powers!"

Playing along with her stuffed unicorn, the girl played her imaginary game in the backyard. She started making spaceship noises once she got into her cardboard box.

"Blast off!" the girl jumped out of the box to look towards the porch. "Mommy?"

Her mother was nowhere on the porch. Instead, she saw father yelling at her from inside their bedroom. Quickly dropping her unicorn and running inside, the girl peeked around the corner quietly.

"I can't even fucking believe you!" the mother was yelling.

Even though the girl didn't quite know what word "fucking" was, she figured it was bad. The way her mother had said it made the girl cover her mouth.

"I have my own life to protect! You just go around and ruin it!" the father yelled back.

"You can just leave if you want to asshole!" the mother held a finger of hers up.

Suddenly, the father's hand came to meet the mother's face. Falling down onto the bed, the girl's mother held her cheek tightly, whimpering and screaming in pain. The girl had instinct- even though she was young. Her instinct was to stop whatever it was her father was doing to her mother.

"Mommy?" the girl stepped in the doorway. "Why did daddy hit you?"

"Mommy is being a slut," the father bent down to pick her up. "You're coming with me!"

"No!" the girl's mother stood up. "Leave her alone!"

The girl's father slapped her mother and then threw the girl into the wall. He started to walk out before shouting loudly.

"I will come for you!"

The girl passed out and never remembered that day again.

~~~

"Hailey?" someone was shaking me and I rolled over, groaning. "Oh don't start that game with me, girl."

Keegan made me let out a giggle and I opened my eyes. He was sitting by my knees and had a hand on my shoulder. Sitting up, I looked at the clock.

"Shit! It's already nine?"

"I brought you something to eat. This was our rest and then we're off to another mission," Keegan handed me a bowl of some sort of disgusting looking oatmeal food stuff.

"No!" I set the bowl down and grabbed Keegan's arm firmly. "You aren't going out there again! Not without me!"

"Hailey, we have-"

"Don't tell me you 'have' to Keegan! Many of our men have rested and will take Hesh's, Logan's, Kick's, and your positions. That's an order Keegan!"

I guess being in charge did have its advantages. Keegan sighed and then stood up. "Alright. I'll go and tell the other two waiting in the hallway and be back in a bit."

Falling back down, I narrowed my eyes at the ceiling. I swore to myself that I would go out there tomorrow. I needed to fight and give all the help I could. Now that I found my "powers" and strength, I could help a lot. Plus, everyone needed my help.

"I'm going to go wash off all this face paint," Keegan commented when he came back in and closed the door.

Not replying, I turned my head to watch Keegan in the doorway of the bathroom. He washed up and then changed into his "pajamas" as he called them. Really it was just a pair of comfortable pants and underwear. Keegan kept his uniform close by, but always slept next to me without a shirt.

I wondered if he was trying to turn me on....it was kinda working.

As Keegan pulled his shirt over his head, I felt drool trying to make its way out of my mouth. Quickly catching myself, I licked my lips and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. Keegan had a six pack with easily seen muscles on his arms.

"I saw that Hails," Keegan whispered, now next to me on the bed, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Saw what?" I turned to face him and he wrapped his arm around me so that his hand was resting gently on my back.

"Your drool," Keegan's eyes narrowed and his eyebrows came together.

"Well," I felt myself blushing and becoming the stuttering mess I always was with Keegan. "U-Um. I-I."

"Stop stuttering," Keegan buried his face into my neck and hugged me. With his breath warm and close to my ear, he added, "Even though it's extremely cute."

"Stop!" I smiled. "You're making me blush more!"

Keegan only chuckled and then soon started snoring lightly. I guess he really was tired. It was good that he was getting sleep. I needed him strong, just as everyone else did.

"Night, Keegan," I kissed him and then closed my eyes.

I fell asleep quickly, even though I had just slept. Being with Keegan made me sleepy and dreamy.

~~~

HOLY SHIZZZ! This is a short ass chapter! I'm sorry, I really am. This one was going nowhere and I had to end it SOMEHOW. Plus I didn't feel like erasing it all, cause the flashback is kinda important.

I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE the next one will be longer and have more action! I'll update sooner too!

Bye lovelies!

:) :/ :(

~MS~