Chapter 1.5

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚞𝚖 𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎; 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚍, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙶𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝙳𝚊𝚠𝚗, 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝙺𝚊𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚊 𝙹𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙻𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚔...

"N-No way...."

"H-H-He turned some Golden Dawn?!"

"He has to be crazy!"

" Are you sure of your decision?"

That was William's only question for the young man in front of him. Kagura simply nodded with his closed eye expression " I'm positive, my mind is made up, I'll join the Crimson Lion " he replied which William had looked at Fuegoleon " Well" he chuckled " It seems he's choose your squad " he said as Fuegoleon only nodded in response. Soon enough the captains began to take their leave letting the group of chosen candidates say their good byes to their friends who didn't make it or just gather their thoughts before preparing to leave. Kagura had looked over towards Asta and Yuno as he called them over " Asta, Yuno" he had motioned them over with his hand which the two had blinked and came over to him " Yeah? What's up?" Asta asked while Yuno looked at Kagura, which he suddenly put his fist against their foreheads " Good luck to you both..." he gave a soft smile " I hope for the best for you two " he told them as they both smiled and nodded to Kagura.

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚈𝚞𝚗𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍. 𝙰𝚕𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙺𝚊𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚊, 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘.......

There he stood, outside the Crimson Lion base, exhaling softly as he starred towards the shining moon that sat in the nights sky, high in the sky. " It's only been a week...." Kagura said to himself, eyes closed as usual taking in the soft breeze of the night. He then began to hear footsteps behind him, which caught his attention" There you are " he heard Fuegoleon's voice " Captain" he replied in a respectful tone which made Fuegoleon sigh a bit " You've never been good at pretending....." Fuegoleon folded his arms as he starred at the new recruit " And you were never so serious " Kagura replied before his smile had faded from his lips as it fell silent for what seemed like an eternity before Kagura has mustered the courage to speak "......I heard about father" he spoke although Fuegoleon had just taken a seat on the top step to he base as he patted the seat next to him which Kagura gratefully sat next to Fuegoleon " At of things have happened while you've been away Kagura.....and a lot of things concerned you" Fuegoleon had starred down the steps into he depths as he asked " How is your heart?" Fuegoleon asked firstly as he was always the one to know what Kagura felt emotional pain. Kagura was silent before answering " I lost that a long time ago...." Kagura replied as his brother starred at him " I'm not entirely sure why I came back here.........or if I'm going to stay. All I know is that part of me.......knows this place is my home" Kagura said before feeling something upon his head which when he looked towards Fuegoleon, he was simply stroking his head " Kagura, your as naive as you were when you were a child. Whether you belong somewhere or not isn't what should drive you to your desires, it's when you push past the walls in front of you, push past all the negativity, that you can be yourself and be anywhere no matter what others think of you..." Fuegoleon told his younger adoptive brother who only nodded " Yeah..."was his response before silence took over and both males starred at the moon " She never stopped looking for you....." Fuegoleon had suddenly said which caught Kagura's attention more " She was the first one to start looking for you when you disappeared " Fuegoleon chuckled just a bit " Even though she was the harshest on you, she still cared about you the most out of all of us." He looked towards Kagura who looked down " Is she-" " She's fine, mainly at home taking care of mother, but she's fine, Mereoleona is a strong woman you know that, emotions wouldn't get the best of her so quickly." Fuegoleon the stood as he looked towards his younger brother " Come, there's someone you need to meet" He smiled and Kagura just blinked softly wondering who exactly Fuegoleon was going to introduce him to.

Journeying back into the base, following after his older, Kagura did his best to ignore all the stares from the members, they weren't displeased stares or reluctant ones either, no, it was a sense of pride, and honor: all the members heard what Kagura had done when selecting a squad, picking the Crimson Lion over all the others especially Golden Dawn took guts. " They look up to you, the younger ones" Fuegoleon told his younger brother with a chuckle " I haven't done anything yet " Kagura replied " You have, you set an example. " Fuegoleon replied as they entered the main meeting hall where many of the members were gathered around. As they entered Fuegoleon had motioned Kagura over with him as he starred towards one of the younger members " Leo, come over for a bit!" Fuegoleon called over to the boy who came walking over with his arms crossed and a head full of pride " Yeah? " he looked up at Fuegoleon before seeing Kagura " That's the newbie?" He asked " Is that a way to talk to your older brother" Fuegoleon replied which Kagura blink " Eh?!" He looked genuinely confused as the boy, Leo began laughing in a rather delighted tone " So the stories mother told me were true! Yes! You are indeed real!" Leo laughed before receiving a chop to the head by Kagura " Hush, your too loud " he said and Leo only rubbed his head " It seems you two will get along just fine" Fuegoleon laughed a bit which Kagura only sighed softly and Leo grinned " it's best you both get to know each other well, tomorrow the three of us will be heading out" Fuegoleon turned around and began heading towards the entrance of the hall " W-Wait what are we doing tomorrow?!" Kagura asked " You'll see" Fuegoleon replied with a chuckle " Probably means we get to go on a mission!" Leo chuckled " Ah! I almost forgot! Big brother, i am Leopold, well you can just call me Leo!" Leo grinned as Kagura just ruffled his head " I'm sure you already know my name you little rascal " Kagura had smiled as Leo nodded " Indeed "

The two practically spent the night catching up with stories of one another's past, mostly Kagura filling the bits missing from the stories their mother told Leo and such, but it was nice for Kagura to be welcomed so fast.