Chapter 1

𝚃𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝙺𝚊𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚊'𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢, 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖...

" Ahh.....What the hell..."A young man, seemingly in his late twenties, stood in the center of a market, currently in the noble realm trying to find his way around but somehow lost his way from his original course. " This happens all the time..." he looked around before spotting two teenaged boys who both possessed Grimoires: one was tall, mature, slim as well, with black hair. The other was a bit shorter, with white hair and a black headband, broad and slightly muscular.

' maybe they could help me out here ' the young man thought to himself as he made his way towards the two teenage boys " Excuse me" the man greeted the two which they both starred at him " You two wouldn't happen to be participating in the entry exams are you?" He asked rather politely " Actually we are!" The white hair teen smiled as the man smiled in return, sighing in relief " Thank goodness, would you be so kind as to guide me there, I've seemed to have gotten lost" He chuckled lightly " Sure! " the white haired teen nodded while the black hair termed only eyed the man's grimoire, seeing it was five-leaf just like his friend's ' Odd....' he thought to himself before watching as the two had proceeded ahead, with him following behind them " I'm Asta! I'm aiming to become the Wizard King someday!" The haired teen, Asta, introduced himself and his dream, while the man just hummed in response " My name is Kagura Jaden, please to meet you" The man introduced himself in return " Hey Yuno say hi" Asta grinned as Yuno only just gave Kagura a nod as a greeting. As the three tracked Asta seemed very pumped about trying out for the Magic Knights and going further to become the Wizard King one day, this just made Kagura smile as he felt nostalgia from when was kid like Asta. " Say, no eyes!" Asta grinned as he starred at Kagura; nicknaming him ' no eyes ' due to his eyes being closed since they met which didn't seem to bother Kagura as he just tilted his head just a tad bit and hummed once more in response " Aren't you pumped to do the exams?"Asta asked excitedly which Kagura sighed softly " This is my second time taking it in my life actually, so I'm not that excited....I just have something to prove " he replied as Asta and Yuno before starred at the obvious senior with a bit shock and concern. " But that's not your two's concern" he put hand in bother their shoulders " Just focus on your goals and crave a path to it, tackling any problem head on"Kagura have a smile as his words motivated Asta as well as Yuno, both showing the gratitude with a nod before looking over towards the large colosseum as a sound of horn could be heard throughout the city " It's about to start!" Kagura had hoisted Asta over his shoulder while holding Yuno to his side before darting at incredible speeds towards the colosseum.

Upon reaching the colosseum,Kagura set both males onto their feet, exhaling softly before stretching " it seems we've made it with time to spare" he said watching several lines all around " Seems we have to get our numbers" he added as the three males went onto one of the lines together to receive their numbers. Kagura looked around as he waited in line, seeing many many younglings around ' fresh meat all around not a single experienced mage around or somewhat. ' he sighed to himself '....no matter, I heard this years captains are different from the ones back when I first attempted ' he thought to himself as he realized it was his turn to receive his number from the exam number distributor. After being checked for everything he was given the all clear and his number, which was 270. Kagura exhaled and moved over towards the large crowd who already received their numbers. Ironically he caught glimpse of Asta already bumping into rather large male which that conformation itself put a lot people on edge, which Kagura was going to help Asta but he began to hear mutterings