Chapter Eighty-Seven | Third World

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

They didn't, taking his word almost immediately. So Hansel proceeded to help the blond to the steps that took them to the mandatory health check-point. "Hansel! It's a relief to have you back." Dr. Aksel called as soon as they appeared. The middle-aged man, who looked as tired as ever, stood up from his seat and brushed aside his current patient to walk over.

The soldier who was left behind, in the middle of getting his boo-boo seen to, blinked in confusion. But the doctor in charge of the outer perimeter of the safe-zone marched straight over and greeted Hansel familiarly.

"Dr. Aksel, how come you're here?" Hansel asked as the rest of the team just entered the relatively small room.

"I worked here yesterday and today because I was anxious about you outside of the walls. Though I think you're courageous, you've given this old man a fright."

"You're not that old."

"Hush, let me fawn over you. Are you injured at all?"

Hansel shook his head and gestured to the man beside him who was gently swaying from one foot to the other. "I'm not, but he is. I did the best stitching I could do in what little time we had. Do you mind taking a look?" He only asked because there were other nurses present who could have taken over.

"Of course. Since he seems to be away with the fairies, I'm guessing he's on strong pain-relief?"

"The strongest I had on me."

Dr. Aksel gave Jakob's arm a quick look over before gesturing to a nearby seat. "I'll have a peek but will probably take him back to the hospital. Get yourself looked at then you can join me if you want."

"If you don't mind," both men looked over to the Commander who had followed behind them. "I'd like Hansel to come with myself and Roscoe to debrief our superiors about our mission."

Hansel shrugged his shoulders and agreed, but first they were all instructed to have their check-ups before going anywhere. In the time that it took, a soldier had been sent ahead to let the necessary personnel know that they had returned. So that when Hansel followed Roscoe and Niklas on the other side, those who would want the information the quickest, were already present.

The building that they headed to was one that was nearest to the gate leading to the next section. Before they went inside, both soldiers turned to face him. "I'm sure you can understand that the information we now hold is priceless," Niklas said seriously, "and there are some who would run a mile with it rather than thinking twice. So don't mention the thing we saw, just yet."

With Hansel's promise, the three men walked inside. There was a soldier or two standing immediately inside, along with a few individuals who weren't wearing greens. But they were undoubtedly guards. Their presence was clearly strange to both the Commander and his Lieutenant as well.

"Commander Niklas, Lieutenant Roscoe, Dr. Hansel." A soldier greeted and after hearing this newfound title, Hansel was a caught a little off-guard. He didn't have time to perhaps enjoy it as another door opened and Niklas stepped in first.

As soon as they were in, Hansel noticed something was wrong. The door shut and Niklas practically growled, "What the fuck are you doing here?!" He sneered at one of the two men that was sat on the other side of the table. There was a vacant chair in between them, with the Supreme Commander making a clear statement of not wanting to sit directly beside the stranger in white.

"Commander Niklas, it's been a while. How are you?" The man completely ignored the previous question that was all but spat in his face; instead he returned the greeting with a respectful one.