Chapter Eight

My mind had been so focused on getting the black vomit off of me, that I hadn't spared one thought on James and Dean watching me undress. Sure, I wouldn't have gotten completely naked in front of them but it seemed that that wasn't even necessary to grab their attention. 

James turned away again when our eyes met but Dean,of course, did not. He lit himself a cigarette and blew the smoke in my direction.

"Go on," he said," don't let me distract you."

"Do you mind," I snapped at him but he only laughed and replied:

"Just be happy that I'm only watching, Princess."

I realized that he was right and quickly looked away. After pulling of the jeans, I was only left in the top and panties but there was nowhere in hell, that I would undress any further. Still a bit shaky, I walked towards the water and shuddered when the cool water washed over my feet.

During the day the sun had heated the water and it still wasn't as cool again as I expected. Without looking back I took a few quick steps until the water reached my hips. I started to clean my hands and arms while listening for any sounds that might come from behind me. The thought of Dean being suddenly here, wrapping his arms around my waist, was not a particularly pleasant one. Maybe I should check, to see if they are watching me, I thought and looked over my shoulder.

James was watching me and this time he didn't look away when I caught him looking at me. His eyes were glimmering in the dark and I knew their colour. My gaze darted over to Dean, expecting him to watch me aswell. But he didn't, he watched James with the same alert expression with which he had looked at him before. That terrified me more than anything prior. If Dean felt it was necessary to keep an eye on James, something was definetly wrong. Usually it was the other way around and I had gotten used to it but this had never happened. Even shortly after James had found out that Clara was dead, he hadn't acted like that.

"Hurry up Mae," Deans voice startled me and I quickly turned around again to clean myself. I took a deep breath and dived under the dark surface. The mental image of pale hands grabbing my ankles in the dark appeared in my had and I quickly came up again. When I started to walk back to the shore, I realized that James was gone. Dean stood turned away from me, probably looking in the direction in which James had wandered off. He must have heard me approaching and when he faced me the worried look on his face turned into a dirty smirk. While looking me up and down he whistled lewdly.

"Look at you Princess, you should wear less clothes more often, it suits you. And I have no idea what you're wearing that top for 'cause it leaves little to the imagination."

I quickly looked down and realized horrofied, that the top was basically seethrough. Before I could cross my arms over my chest Dean was suddenly standing in front of me. I could clearly see the lust in his eyes and wanted to turn around an run back into the water.

"Listen," Dean said in a low voice," I think James is slowly but surely loosing it and although thats what I wanted initially I don't think it's a good idea anymore. He's way past the point of control and if he gets his hands on you now, he will probably kill you. And believe it or not I don't want that to happen because I want to keep you for a while longer and not just have fun with you for one night."

My eyes had gotten wider and wider with every word and now I was shaking not only from the cool water. The thought that now Dean needed or wanted to protect me was too surreal to really grasp. I tried to look past Dean to see if James might be coming back but Dean took my face between his hands, making it impossible to look anywhere but his eyes.

"I will help you and even protect you,"he paused and licked over his lips," but I'm gonna need something in return." I didn't reply because I didn't know what to say. Saying no was not an option because without Deans protection I would probably be dead very soon. But I didn't want to say yes either because I knew just too well what he wanted from me.

Knowing that I didn't have a choice anyway, I quietly whispered: "I'll do whatever just please don't let him kill me." Dean smiled down at me, pleased with himself and me. He whiped away a tear that was rolling down my cheek and then finally let go of me.

"Get dressed, I'm guessing seeing you in your underwear would send James over the edge." It sounded like a joke but the look I had seen on James' face made me believe that Dean could be right. It wasn't that I was irresistable to him. Any human was probably irresistable at this moment. Combine that with naked skin and an all-devouring hunger and you have a recipe for disaster.

I took some time examinig my clothes that were still laying on the floor. There was no way in hell I would put them back on. They were stained, dirty and probably smelled like garbage.The only thing I put back on were my shoes. I had other clothes in the car but to get to them I would probably run into James. Where the hell is Dean when you need him, I thought to myself while scanning the area. For a moment I thought he had left too but then I spotted him at the entrance to a warehouse that was next to the store. He was carrying a big bag over his shoulder and headed towards the parking lot.

"Dean, wait," I shouted and hurried towards him. He waited for me and upon me ariving next to him cocked his head to the side and sighed annoyed.

"Didn't I tell you to get dressed? Or do you want James to lose his shit when he sees you? Some sort of weird fantasy of yours, huh?" 

"No," I stammered,"but I can't put my old clothes back on, they are filthy and gross. Can I have your jacket please? Just until I get new clothes from the car." To my surprise he put down the bag and got out of his jacket without saying another word. I took it and he started towards the parking lot before I could thank him.

"Now move your ass,"he called over his shoulder,"we have places to be and people to kill."