Chapter Five

I have to get away.

That was the only thing going through my head, but no matter how much I tried, I couldn't think of a plan that wouldn't result in me getting caught in the end. Then that would piss James off, which in turn would minimize my chances not to get tortured by them. 

I couldn't just run away, they were faster and since they weren't stupid they would not let me out of their sight once the sun was up. My powers haven't recovered at all and it didn't help that  I barely slept or ate the past four days, which reminds me...

"Um, excuse me," I cleared my throat and began to speak very carefully, " I really don't want to be a bother or anything, but I'm a little hungry and, well, cold. I have a feeling that, you know, losing the blood earlier didn't really help with any of that and maybe even made it worse, so...," I trailed off and looked straight ahead while nervously awating their answer. Dean acted like he didn't hear me and continued to clean his dagger with a piece of cloth. James didn't say anything either for a few minutes before finally answering me:

"I think I saw a sign for a store a few miles back. Who knows, maybe theres still something in the store or in the warehouses." 

"Great," Dean said, "let's waste some more time. It's not like it's not already her fault, that we are on this hell hunt." I felt hot anger rising up inside me and finally I had enough and snarled:

"Well I'm fucking sorry, for having basic human needs but if I recall correctly, I was kind enough to give you some of my blood to get back to strength, not to mention the fact, that I am not your prisoner. You wanted my help and I need food to get my, um, abilities back." Yes, I was scared and yes, it was stupid but there is only so much one person can bear. Dean spun around and gave me a smug look. 

"Oh please, as if you had a choice and until now, your abilities, as you call them, have been pretty useless. There is nothing that you can do, that would stop me from using you in every way I please and I don't understand, why James thinks you would be any help against the lunatic that we're hunting. And lastly, you may not be a prisoner in the strictest sense but you sure asa hell are not allowed to leave before I had my fun with you." My hands were clenched around the edge of my seat and I wanted nothing more than to use the last bit of power that I had to electrocute Dean. The only thing stopping me from doing that, was the idea of a very pissed of, recently electrocuted Dean walking towards me with bared fangs.

"Fuck you ...," I started but was interrupted by James.

"We're here."

I hadn't even realized, that the car had stopped. We were standing in an almost empty parking lot in front of a big store. A few shopping carts were standing or laying around and on the far end stood a car that had no tires. The front of the store did not look very inviting and for a moment I pictured what might be lurking inside. All the windows were broken and someone had sprayed graffiti over the walls. On of the letters above the entrance had fallen down. It only read "ALD" now. 

When everything had started to become worse, people had stormed the stores and supermarkets to stock up on food but in small towns like this were sometimes stores that still had some products. People had taken all the food they could and then had left to move to the cities because they were considered saver than small towns. And since they sometimes just could not take everything because it simply didn't fit, you could find cans filled with weird but still edible food.

I got out of the car and looked around. The last thing I needed now were Liveless or humans that felt particulary brave this night. James and Dean had gotten out as well and James started walking towards the store,without aknowledging my presence in the slightest. Maybe he ignores me because thats the only way he can keep himself from draining my body to the last drop, I thought to myself while looking after him.

"You coming, Princess," Dean asked from behind me, making me jump. I hadn't realized, that he had snug up behind me. He chuckled. "I'm sorry, am I making you nervous?" 

I spun around and tried to be fierce by shooting him a firey stare but that didn't seem to impress him. He wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me even closer. With his other hand he grabbed my hair and pulled my head aside. For a horrible moment I thought he would bite me, but he didn't. Instead he took a deep breath as if to get my scent and when he breathed out I could feel his breath tickling on my skin.

"You have no idea," he mumbled," how hard it is not to give in to this temptation. Now that I know how delicious you taste, it has become even harder. The things I would do to you if James wasn't here..., I would start by taking just enough blood to make you feel a little dizzy, then I would slowly rip of your clothes and once you'd be naked, laying in front of me, I would lick every square inch of your body before giving you a good, hard...," 

"Dean, leave her alone. I dodn't want to waste more time than necessary." James had interrupted him but by the way it sounded, he hadn't even turned around. Maybe he really did not care for me at all.