Love

A year passed and Sora still laid asleep in a hospital bed. Flowers still cover her room. Shikamaru was currently on a month-long mission that should be ending soon. Someone entered the room. It was Ena who sat on the bed looking at her motherly figure.

"things have changed. I'm living in the Nara house right now, " she said.

She sat there unable to say anymore. If the doctors were right Sora would never wake up. But the door to the hospital room opened revealing a tired Shikamaru. Ena looked at him shocked.

"Ena I'll need you to go for a minute, " Shikamaru said.

She nodded and left. Shikamaru walked up to the girl pulling out a vile. It held sparkling water in it. He sighed sitting by her side.

"your ancestor Yasu told me about a spring in the snow. I found it after a while. It was a drag but worth it. So please let this work, " Shikamaru said.

He poured the liquid into her mouth and sat there waiting. Nothing seemed to happen and he looked down.  But there was shuffling and within a second Shikamaru's hair was undone.

He turned shocked to look at Sora. She smiled holding the hair tie.

"finally did it, stupid Nara, " she said.

She was pulled into him as he kissed her. And was stunned and he moved to hug her tightly. She was stunned not expecting this.

"you troublesome woman. Don't ever worry me like that again. I love you, " Shikamaru said.

She returned his hug holding him tightly.

"I love you too, " was all she said.

The two stayed in each other's embrace neither wanting to let the other go.

~~~~

After many tests, I was finally able to leave. Shikamaru held my hand refusing to let it go. I smiled and looked up to the hokage mountain. I saw a new face up there.

"Kakashi is the hokage now?" I questioned.

Shikamaru nodded. We continued to walk in comfortable silence. I don't know where we were going. Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to that. I just followed Shikamaru talking in the fact I was still alive and with the person I love.

We continued that was until we came to a familiar open field. This is where we use to watch the clouds together. I smiled as we walked to the centre of it. We stood together and I looked up to the clouds. I let my hand reach up to the clouds.

"I remember once asking if you have ever looked up at the clouds and wished to be up there with them, so you could be free?" I said.

"and I said yes many times, " he said.

"I would happily live here on the ground with you instead of that. Isn't it funny how when I was younger that's all I wished for? And now I couldn't imagine being up there if it meant we were separated, " I said.

"yes. Because now I also feel the same. I would much rather stay here with my troublesome woman no matter how much of a drag it is, " he said.

I smiled as I squeezed his hand. I looked at him.  I just woke up and all that really filled my head was this man. And a promise I made during the war.

"i made a promise to myself during the war to marry you after it was over, " I said.

He laughed as he looked at me.

"way to steal my thunder troublesome woman, " he said.

I looked at him confused.

"on the way back from the spring at the snow, I made sure to get something, " he said.

He kneeled only one knee stilling holding my hand. My heart hammered in my chest. He took a ring out of his pocket holding it.

"it'll be a drag. But will you marry me Sora, " he said.

I felt tears sting my eyes and I smiled brightly at him.

"of course Shikamaru, " I said.

He slipped the ring on and stood up. I tackled him I to a hug and we fell to the ground.

"i love you, " Shikamaru said pushing a strand of hair out of my face

"I love you too, " I said.

So this is the end of the story. I really enjoyed writing it and can't believe it's over. I may do an epilogue but I'm not sure.  If I do it will be in here in the future. Anyway, I thank you for all your support I really do appreciate it.