Why is life so cruel

I walked to an empty area and turned to see Shikaku standing behind me.

"So you were the one following me." I mumbled looking away from him.

"Just wanted to tell you your apartment has been rebuilt." Shikaku said.

I just looked at him and gave him the best smile I could. Shikaku put his hand on my head and gave me a small smile.

"I can see why my son loves you." He said before disappearing.

I gave a small sigh. He loves me because he's stupid. I went on my way to the Nara's house to get my stuff but took the long way and walked passed my now fixed apartment. I then looked at the hokages faces.

"Sensei what am I supposed to do. I know I have to stay strong but it's hard. Shenshi died Aisura tried to commit suicide and now is in a coma. Despite all this I still want to protect the village and its inhabitants more than anything, but I don't know if I'm strong enough. I need your guidance sensei." I said tears in my eyes.

I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me. I looked around to see Shikamaru. I rested my head on his shoulder and gazed up to the hokages face.

"You have a strong will of fire." Shikamaru said lazily.

"You sound like the old man." I said with a sad smile.

Shikamaru took my hand and lead me into my apartment only to see it was already furnished with what I need and I saw my bags of stuff on the table. I turned and looked at Shikamaru.

"I knew you house was finished being built after you left the house so i decided to bring your stuff here. It was such a drag." He groaned.

I pulled him into a hug. I clutched desperately onto him not wanting to leave his side.

"Troublesome woman." He mumbled kissing my cheek.

"What would you do?" I asked still hugging him. He looked at me slightly confused. "What would you do if say Ino died and Choji tried to commit suicide and went into a coma?" I asked looked at him.

"I would do what I could to get through it. I would stand by Choji and help him through it when he needed it. I would lean on my friends for support." He said looking down at me.

I let go of him and sat down on the couch holding my bag and Shikamaru sat next to me. I pulled out the picture of my team and I and looked down at it. I felt tears run down my face thinking how broken my team was now. Our sensei was dead Shenshi was dead and Aisura was in a coma. Everything fucked up. My tears soon splashes onto the glass covering the photo.

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and I was pulled in Shikamaru. I clutched the photo to me chest and closed my eyes. I leaned my head on Shikamaru.

"Why is life so fucking cruel." I whispered before falling asleep.