In Danger

With my hands still tangled in Soul's hair he grabbed my hips, pulling me onto his lap while not breaking the kiss. My mind was spinning but my body was in control, giving into whatever the feeling is that I was experiencing. 

        I don't know how long we stayed like that, my legs wrapped around his waist whilst he firmly had his hands on my hip and the back of my neck. It seemed like he was holding me like that out of fear that I would get up and leave him there.

        He laid back against the couch, bringing me down with him. I moved my legs around and straddled him in the new position. His hands both slithered down a little lower than my waist as if seeing how I would react to his touch. I made no movements or signs for him to stop. I didn't really want him to stop, but I also wasn't sure I wanted it to continue. I did know that I needed to figure out what I want and soon. 

        We both pulled back from the kiss to catch our breath, we sat there panting and not moving. We didn't say a thing, most likely in fear of ruining the moment. I did notice a smirk across Soul's soft, pink lips.

        "Soul..." I had to be the one to break the silence.

        "Yeah?" He asked, moving one of his hands up and playing with my (h/l) (h/c) hair.

        "I.. I don't know what I want..." I whispered slowly, closing my eyes.

        "I know," He said softly. I opened my eyes, looking at him surprised, "That's fine. I know you'll see it eventually."

        "See what eventually?" I questioned, shifting around to get comfortable.

        He leaned up, his mouth right by my ear. I could feel his hot breath against my neck, which sent shivers up my spine, "That you belong to me."

        He didn't pull his head back, instead he lowered his head more, kissing down my neck. I bit on my lip, trying not to make any noises.

        "Soul..." I called softly, both of my hands on his shoulders.

        "You know (y/n)..." He started whispering against my skin, "It really isn't smart to moan someones name when you're on top of them..."

        I turned bright red, my face heating up extremely fast, "I-I didn't mean to..."

        He kissed around my neck a few more times before pulling his head back, it looked like he was about to say something but the door burst open and in came Crona, appearing out of breath.

        I jumped up, accidentally falling off the couch in the progress. Soul just sat up and looked over at the pink haired... boy?

        "Sup, Crona?" He asked, one arm over the edge of the sofa.

        "I-I'm sorry! Ragnorak made me burst in, I-I swear! I'm sorry if I interrupted you guys!" Crona seemed to be freaking out, meaning he most likely saw me on top of Soul. He looked kind of hurt actually, though I wasn't too sure why.

        "It's fine, Crona. Is something wrong?" I asked, sitting myself up and then standing, looking over towards him.

        "Y-yeah. A-Apparently there was a witch soul sensed near the DWMA... L-Lord Death-" I cut him off before I let him finish speaking.

        "Is it Tora? What if she's after Connor? Oh no, we have to go now!" I scrambled to the hallway, grabbing my black combat boots and pulling them onto my feet.

        Crona and Soul followed after me, Soul pulling his shoes on as well, "Well you aren't going alone," He mumbled, walking towards the door.

        "I-I'm not sure if it's T-Tora," Crona mumbled, holding his arm, "I don't know how to deal with this."

        "It's okay Crona, you can stay here if you'd like," I walked to the door after Soul, thankful to have someone going with me.

        "N-no, I want to go and help protect you because you're my friend and that's what friends do..." He slowly inched forward towards us, like he was still shy.

        "Thank you, Crona." I thanked, planting a soft kiss on his cheek before turning back around, pulling the door open and running out into the dimly lit streets.

        I heard the footsteps of Soul and Crona behind me but I didn't look, I was much too focused on getting to the school and trying to sense the soul.

        I can't believe this. If it really is Tora she would know that Connor is in bad shape in the schools infirmary. If she hurts him I swear on Lord Death that she will pay. I'm so sick of her thinking she can just come in here and mess with my friends and me. I can't let my fear of the past affect my future. It isn't fair to me. It isn't fair to my friends that I can't just relax and enjoy their presence without worrying about her creeping around a corner and watching, plotting. They can't even feel safe because as my friend, I put them in danger. It's my fault that Connor is injured. It will be my fault if Soul or Crona gets hurt today...

No.
I won't let them. I've had enough.

        I couldn't sense anything even as we stood outside the large school. All I could hear was Soul's heavy breathing beside me and Crona's footsteps coming up from behind us.

        "Do you sense anything?" Soul wheezed, holding his stomach and leaning over.
I looked over at him, realizing I must have been going a bit too fast for them, "No, I don't.

        "Alright... So then why are we still here?" Soul questioned, standing back up straight, looking over at me with those crimson eyes.

        "Because... Maybe she's inside.. Soul protect. A witch wouldn't just walk in the DWMA without it on unless she had a death wish."

        "I guess that makes sense, yeah. Wanna go in? Or are you just gonna stand here looking up at the building?" Soul tapped his finger against his chin.

        I looked away from him, my (e/c) eyes trailing to the ground, "I-I... What if we're too late? What if I'm not strong enough to do anything?"

        "Would you give it up with that? C'mon, you should know by now that you're one of the strongest meisters I've ever met. If you can't do it, I don't know who can. Besides maybe Lord Death..." Soul trailed off. Though I wasn't looking at him I could feel his eyes on me.

        "Okay... You're right, I guess. I need to be brave." I lifted my head, a dark smile crawling onto my lips.

        "Are we going in?" Crona asked quietly from the other side of me.

        "I guess so," Soul shrugged, leaning over to look at Crona.

        "Let's go," I took the first step forward, forcing my body forward and into the building despite my fear.

        I had to make sure Connor was okay. I owed him that.