Won't break a bet

Tin POV
I didn't know if I was capable of this. Being rude I can but acting rude.. well, that should be hard.

But surprisingly all I wanted to do was see Can lose. Like if he lost this it would change something for me, it was a funny feeling. A very satisfying one.
Today is my first day at office and somehow I have to make time for both the construction company and this. Shit this is gonna be so hectic. I chose a very simple chequered chocolate brown suit with some brougues. All I have in my closet are suits and related accessories along with like four t shirts. Why? Cause I don't have time.

Maybe if I win this I can have Can shop for me. He did say something about not liking shopping if it isn't for food.

That brought a smile to my face and I didn't know before this moment that I was so sadistic. Looks like he brings out shades of me. Oops, that came out bad.
I rush downstairs trying to escape before my mom caught me and squeezed food inside my guts but like every other child in the world I was utterly unsuccessful.

"Tin, are you forgetting something?" She asked my just when I was Centimeters away from the door.

"No"
"It's called a breakfast and humans have it every morning." My brother quipped and I I know he wasn't concerned about me not eating it was more on sibling grudge grounds. Not the playful kind.

"Mom, why was food and time when you can simply grab a granola bar." I told her keeping my unfazed face intact.

"Granola bars, those are supposed to be snacks, little brother." Don't call me that. Was the reply I wanted to give but that hasn't worked since teenage years, so why try?

"No mom. They are supposed to be nutritional food supplements for quick nourishment or something." I distinctly remember reading something like this behind a pack.

"I know you like following your dad's footsteps but I will not allow to go out of the house without eating! To the table now." My mom ordered and that gave me all the more reason to disobey. But then these were the rare moments when my mom actually spoke up, not caring to sound like a lady. So, atleast to encourage her I and Vanessa, my amazing excuse of a sister-in-law, listen to her.

My dad and mom are not really romantic. Don't ask me how they got together or how I happened. Really don't ask, I don't wanna think about it. Tul is adopted, I strongly believe that. Though he looks my dad and I know for a fact he is the first child, he is adopted because I said so.

My dad is just totally against women working like a man, I mean he okay with jobs that end at 5'O clock but after that he snaps. Which is very frustrating because we live in 21st century. Also there is Rhett's mom ( Brett's as well), she took over the Meren's company when her ex husband died and did a pretty good job. I wonder how our family is still in good terms with them, despite of my dad's women do not work motto.

And mom well, she doesn't protest for sure and Vanessa seems to be going slowly over to that side. Why do I care as long as they make their own choices?

So I did have my cereal and go to office. And I did not have the first day jitters and all cause I know this is not going to be different from my other businesses atleast the office is not going to be. Except for one detail, a food obsessed boy detail.

"Good morning sir." The doorman greeted me and I acknowledged his presence because my dad once told me you don't return employee's greetings with the same enthusiasm. Why would I even try to question his 'supremacy' thoughts?

Can POV
"So you weren't lying." Lemon said incredulously staring at my very used but in mint condition formal clothes that are technically not mine cause they are borrowed.

"As much as I do like surprising people, keep that shock out of your voice." I told him trying to drill a new hole into my belt because this pant is like two sizes larger than mine. So I need something to hold them and hence my belt would be suffering the collateral damage. Struggles of being thin.

"So this fella is actually paying you, a 1000 dollars per month for working for just for working for six hours a day with Sunday's off?" Lemon asked in the same freaking tone.
"Yes , I thought we already discussed my salary."

"And he will not hire me?"
"You are not even like 18." I tell my little sister.
"I am 18 Cantaloupe, pay attention." She snapped.

"But you wouldn't be the manager." I told her trying real hard to keep the attitude out of voice.
"Oh yeah try me." My sister spat an walked away from the conversation. Be jealous bitch. But I know this is gonna make our lives easier.

Lemon earns about an odd 200 dollars per month and I could maybe work for some two hours at the grocery store. He just wants me to clean the shop anyways and earn more 200 dollars. That would cover our education expenses and oh la la we would still have 250 dollars in hand.

That is fucking amazing.

And moreover this would making a great addition to my resume. Not that I intend to work under anybody after I have my MBA but that's exactly what I told myself after my undergraduation..so, better be on the safer side.

After making sure that my belt was not gonna betray me and open up career avenues for me in porn industry I rushed to the office. It's from noon to 6'O clock. So I get like ample of time to study or do something productive instead of working my ass off.

I didn't attend university today, instead I spent my morning procuring clothes from neighbours and friends and googling all the qualities an manager should possess.

And according to Google I do not have the required qualities, so now I am pretending that a search called google didn't exist and it most necessarily did not point out to my shortcomings due to which I would be a good manager.
Then there is the Tin guy, I don't know what is the deal with that dude!

How dare he question my professional abilities? I know I am not particularly punctual, soft spoken, well mannered, diligent and obedient, but not employers look for these qualities right?
Surely there are more fun loving people out there. After all as Taylor Swift said 'This is a big world, that was a small town
There in my rear view mirror disappearing now
And its too late for you and your white horse
Now its too late for you and your white horse, to catch me now.'

It doesn't make sense but also who makes more sense than that?

I know, I know I am late but I have been having this writer's block lately and it would really help if one of you would tell me what do you think of the story...for an inspiration atleast.