Moving

"Why do you need those stupid towels?" Wadee yelled at me as I tried to pack my stuff.
"Because I need to bath?" I tell her in a duh tone.
She makes a face.

"You'll get all that there. The staff has all necessities they need." Wadee shoves those off my hands.
"But what should I even get?"

"Get personal stuff like photos, cards, cash, books, certificates blah blah!" She told me while periodically shoving stuff on the floor.
"I'll just call up Nate he said he'll come to help with the luggage."

I heaved a sigh.
"What luggage are you even talking about? I am selling almost everything at this point. One person to carry is unnecessary, much less five people. This is just an excuse for you to see Nate."
She winks at me mischievously and leaves anyway.

I can't believe I let Lemon convince me to sell everything here. What if they don't like me? What if I get fired within the first week? Where will I go then?
I had voiced my apprehensions to Tin and he just shook his head amused.

"No one there is going to notice you enough to fire you. That is not an offence it's just how people at my house are. Also if someone decides to fire you they'd have to go through me and Wadee. You are my responsibility, Cantaloupe."

I remember blushing deep red. These days I don't protest when he calls me Cantaloupe that's because he uses my name almost like an endearment. I wasn't blind enough to not notice that something is happening between us. And that something smells of feelings.

Tin seems to not yet understand what's happening but is still actively giving me butterflies at every chance. I don't want to push him as this might be his first homosexual relationship if we have one that is.

Or maybe I am just making stuff up cause I am lonely and getting progressively desperate each passing day. That's plausible too. I sigh again and try to dig up stuff to take.

I had already packed our clothes, money, documents and all that. We didn't have many pictures to take. I decided to pack the Bible, my dad had given me long back. I wondered if I should call him to inform him of all the changes. Not that he would care, he would simply disprove Lay using 'her gift for purposes God didn't intend' whatever that meant.

"Cantaloupe, you not done yet?" Tin walks in sternly examining the mess of the room.
"I am... I mean I don't know what to pack." I tell Tin honestly and his eyes soften immediately.

"Bring what is important to you." He tells simply.
"How would I know that? Would you know that if you had to move?" I ask him whining.
"Yes."

"What?" I ask genuinely curious as to what would be important to Tin.
"You." He replied without missing a beat leaving me a blushing mess again.

"I never know what you imply," I mutter under my breath after a long minute of the room getting hotter.
"Me neither. But I mean it and we have a lot of time to figure out anyway don't we?" Tin questions me seriously.

I smile and nod in affirmation. Of course, we do. I promised myself that I would give him all the time he needs.
"Good so figured what you should pack?"

...
I don't actually care but the Medthanans are rich as fuck. I mean I knew they were rich but this house, this house was built to shove into people's faces that they are stinking rich. If the goal was just to intimidate the fuck out the people, the front gate did the job for me. I was gaping like a fish out of water when Tin slightly closes my mouth.

"You like it?" He asks me.
"It scares me," I answer honestly.
"Good cause we are not going to stay here forever." Tin declares leaving me confused.

"There is a secondary location?"
"No, I meant in the future. I don't want us to stay in this house." Tin replies still talking in riddles.

Does he want to stay with me in the future? I mean I understand that we sort of like each other but planning about living with each other so nonchalantly when did we get to this point?

I was shaken out of my thoughts (Literally) by Wadee who along with Lay followed us in her car. Nate was nowhere to be seen maybe he left.
"Get out of the car!" Wadee yells at me and I swear she is acting like a child on too much candy today.

...
I couldn't help noticing how expensive everything inside the house looked. If I am clumsy in here I'll probably have to be an unpaid slave my entire life.
"Who's this Tin?" A beautiful female who looks like she in her early forties called out as Tin tries to navigate me and Lay to our rooms.

I instantly recognise her as Tin's mother and bow do in Thai greeting. My sister simply waves awkwardly. She nods at me and looks at Tin for an answer.
"I told you I hired a household manager. It's him. This is Can. This is Lemon, his sister. Cantaloupe and Lemon, she's my mother." Tin introduces.

And I bow again for some goddamn reason.
"Oh alright, Mary!" She calls for someone who almost immediately get there. It's a woman who seems to work here.
"Yes madam."

She points in our general direction.
"It's the new manager show him to his quarters." She informs Mary who nods.

"Mother, I am doing that myself. There is no need for that, Mary." Tin tells her and takes my bag and walks off before anyone can respond.
"Are you friends?" His mother asks me looking confused.
I nod hesitantly. If she did disprove she didn't show it.
"Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Please follow him."

And I do without a word. So does Lemon.

Hey, see I gave you a fast update! Thank you for supporting the story. Love you❤