I am done.

Can POV
I slowly detangle myself from his arms because he showed no signs of letting go. It felt so good I could have stayed like this for hours but his dad was looking at us like wants to kill someone.

"Are you alright? Should I take you home? You should have gone home if you weren't feeling well." Tin whispers lightly still nearby.
"I am good. I just- I'll tell you later. Let me talk to her first." I whisper back to him and look my mother in the eye and she looked nervous but at the same time, she was eyeing me and Tin with certain happiness.

She was so lost in her world that she didn't notice all of us looking at her until Khun Tul awkwardly cleared his throat.
"Oh! Sorry Can would you come with me to the hotel? I will arrange a ride for your back home." She asked hesitantly.

"Hotel? No! That's not safe-" Tin begins to complain only to be interrupted by me and his father at the same time.
"Tin." Both us said but Khun Try's tone was menacing while mine was pleading.

Nevertheless Tin receded.
"It's one of your hotels Tin. Don't worry I'll send him back to you safe." My mother assured him warmly much to all the Medthanan's surprise.

I was about to leave when I remembered Hin was still there.
"Thank you Phi, I hope I'll see you again."
He smiles at me and nods to which I smile back. Unconsciously I glare at Khun Tul who looked a bit taken aback by that.

"Let's go, Mam," I tell my mother who nods and leads the way outside. It's going to be a long night and I am failing my exam tomorrow.

Tul POV
Why did I just get scowled at? I look at Hin in confusion and as usual, he was trying to avoid my eyes.
"Tin is there is a reason why you are behaving like this?" My dad immediately blew up as soon as Mrs Kirakorn and Can were out of view.

"Like what?" Tin asked looking bewildered. But I knew that he knows what exactly is being talked about.
"Like you hugging that boy and trying to talk against Mrs Kirakorn!" My father responded angrily.

"Oh well, 'that boy' is my friend and I was concerned for his safety. Forgive me for having empathy father." Tin replied back with all the sass he showed shocking me and Wadee.

"Friend or whatever! When you are in a professional environment you are supposed to act like a professional. You are the CEO of this company first and everything else next." My father's bellows and Tin doesn't even flinch.

"I have an MBA and nowhere does it say that we are required to suck up to people we do business with. And you are wrong, I am me first and then whatever you have made me."

"How dare you! I thought I had taught you the responsibility of being a Medthanan. And now you are arguing with me because of a 'friend'?" My father yells again and at this point, I am worried about Hin who looks he is having a hard time deciding whether to leave or stay back until I tell him.

"Father, Tin was just worried. Its fine happens to everyone. Nothing happened right? Let's go home." I try to diffuse the situation but obviously, no one is interested in doing that.

"No Tul, this man needs to understand that we are not puppets. The friend you are referring to has given me more care, attention and joy than you have in your entire life. That's saying something considering I have known him for just a bit over a year and you were a part of making me. I know a Medthanan has responsibilities but any man has a primary responsibility towards people he loves first. You didn't realise that and ruined our lives I don't want to do that too." Tin was fuming by the end of that speech and my father was shaking with anger.

"It's the jet lag. It's the jet lag speaking. Let's just go home and talk tomorrow." I try again as Tin is spitting facts and I don't think my father has the heart to handle the truth he's been avoiding.
"No, it's him. He is an ungrateful brat who doesn't realise how fortunate he is to be born here. After the whole drug scandal, your life would have been over, I put money and resources into that-"

Tin then did something which I doubt anyone except my wretched grandmother had done, he interrupted my father when he was angry.
"That's because you and my gave birth to me. That's a basic responsibility, not a favour. And what did you even do anyway other than bribe the law and media? Thank God that was a set-up, cause you didn't even make the effort to put me in rehabilitation. If I was really addicted you wouldn't have actually cared. And I know why because you function like you are the only perfect man in your world. Even you know you aren't but you lie to yourself each day. I am done with the entire pretence."

"You good for nothing," my father snarled" now you are going to tell me how I am living my life. Tin, stop it. I still own all the properties and finances and I won't hesitate to disown you. How dare you speak against me for a boy! A low life pathetic worker-"

"Shut up! Just shut up! I will not have you speaking against Can. Give your properties to whoever you care about. The call centre is in my name anyway not to mention 10% of each year's profits. I don't need your money, I already have what I rightfully earned. I quit to whatever you have signed me up for." Tin declares fuming and I could tell he meant every word of it. He could take people insulting him but not his Can.

"Why are so adamant about defending the boy? I have been noticing since he came to our house. Are you a faggot now?" My father questioned and now even I am pissed.

We are not going to do homophobia here. I glance at Hin who steps back unconsciously. Wade's seems to notice that too and she throws a sympathetic smile his way to which he returns a nervous smile.
"Yes and I don't care what you have to say about that. I am done." And with that Tin leaves to God knows where.

Oof family drama is tough to write. But it's an important chapter, Tin is finally free from his father's shadow! What do you think about that?