Finally

After three years

Can POV
"It's finally that day. I can't believe this." Lay shouted excited as I walked out with my wedding suit. Unable to speak, I just smile. I can't believe it's this day either. I can't believe I am marrying the love of my life after three years of dating.

It wasn't a smooth sail by any means, we had arguments, misunderstandings, issues caused by others and whatnot but Tin and I respected each other enough to communicate. And that's how I knew we were going to last forever. But a marriage proposal was the last thing I expected.

From what Tin has told me it was, Rhett and Brett who planned the proposal and I can't be more thankful to them for giving me those surreal fireworks while on a boat proposal. I just remember asking Tin if he was sure and he told me there is nothing more he wants in his life right now.

So, here we are on our wedding day which is quite a big event as two of the youngest CEOs in the world are about to tie the knot. This also means Len Designs and Medthanan communications were officially becoming one. Also the future of pop 'Lemon Peach' my amazing sister would be an attraction. So there was a lot of press at the event but that is the least of my concerns.

My three years of training as the future heir have made me strong enough to take everything that comes my way not to mention my boyfriend- I guess my fiance now, is ready to take my problems as well.

"P' Can snap out of it. Do you have your vows?" Lay asks readjusting my clothes.

"Yes Lay. I do." She smiles and I could see her tearing up. I swallowed deeply, I made it. I and my little sister were finally happy. Our mother was here with a person she loved and that person loves us as well. What more could I want?

It does pain me that Tin doesn't have this comfort. We sent an invitation to Tin's parents just out of courtesy knowing fully well they wouldn't come. Not that Tin cared, honestly at this point no one cares.

They didn't show up when P' Tul and P' Hin got married two years ago and nothing will ever change with them.
"Can, are you ready?" P' Hin called for me to take me down the aisle. I decided it should be him as he was a guide to me throughout these three years.

P'Hin smiled and kissed my forehead as we linked our arms.
"I am sorry I am late. Making Achara hold the flower basket is such a task. Tul had to stand at the other end of the aisle to encourage her to go straight." I giggle at that imagining P' Tul trying his best to steer his four-year daughter. Achara has been a delight since the day P' Tul and P' Hin adopted her.

"Okay, you ready?" P'Hin asked and I nod. And the moment I walk out my eyes meet the love of my life. We chose to get married in the church we met, despite both of us not being religious. It was the place that was important to us and now I can even believe in God because this is my miracle. My future husband, the love of my life, my everything. He stood taller, his shoulders back and his eyes on me. If I wasn’t mistaken I could have sworn tears filled his eyes.

At the end of the aisle, P'Hin hugged me, said “I ‘m is proud of you, Can” and then presented me to my groom. He placed my hand in Tin’s and smiled. As a couple, Tin and I stood in front of the priest. “Dearly beloved,” the priest began, “we are gathered here this evening to witness this man and man join together in holy matrimony.”

As we were asked to recite our vows I went first.

"How lucky am I to call you to mine? Your love and trust make me a better person, every day. For all those times that we've been together, there's always been a mutual understanding that's only shared when two people love each other truly. You were there for my greatest challenges. You encouraged me to grow. You helped me believe in myself and become the person that I am today. In your arms and by your side, I know I can do anything. I'm proud to call you my husband. Loving what I know of you and trusting what I don't yet know, I give you my hand. I give you my love. I give you myself, the good, the bad, and the yet-to-come."

Tin was crying now, and so was I. It was Tin's turn, his hand in mine was sweaty and shaking. I smiled through the tears trying to ease him.

"You crawled into my life like a storm but I don't think I would ever enjoy a calamity like this. You have made me a better person, as our love for one another is reflected in the way I live my life. I pledge my undying love to you, my sweet Cantaloupe, as I invite you to share my life. I promise to be kind, unselfish, respectful, and trustworthy so that together, our dreams of a beautiful future can come true. To this end, I call upon all present to witness that I take you Can to be my husband to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live." I was about to jump on him and kiss but my maid of honour's loud sniffle reminded me this was a wedding. Wadee's fiance was quick to wrap his arms around her as she cried harder. Oh, I love that woman.

“With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husbands. You may kiss.”

Tin leaned in and kissed me, softly like he’s never done it before. It was magical as always. Everyone cheered for us, however, I barely noticed; my full attention rested on my husband.

The End