❀Childhood❀

[Suki's POV]

"We have arrived."
I pushed open the doors, not giving the driver a chance to open it.
"Pink..." I stared at the school momentarily, before moving down the courtyard.
Voices murmured around me, as people stared at me. I was used to this, but I wasn't here to acknowledge their interest.
"Natsu, I'm coming love."
I wondered down the hall, looking from sign to sign.
They said it was down here right? Music Room #3...
There, above a large door, hung the sign reading this.
I took a deep breath, my giddiness rising, before knocking.

*^*^*^*
[Present Moment]
"Fiancé?!" the orange haired girl exclaimed.
"Natsu, you're engaged?" asking a matching boy.
"I'm sure he's got an explanation." answered a petite brown haired girl.

Natsu gripped my shoulder, spinning me around looking at me.
"Suki, what are you doing here?"
"Oh, Natsu, I came to see you. I missed you so much."

"Are you going to explain what is going on?" the tall blonde interrupted.

Natsu released my shoulder and turned towards them.
"Suki is not my fiancé." he stated.

[Mai's POV]

"Natsu, how can you be so mean." she grabbed his arm and looked at him.
"I'm not being mean. I'm being realistic." he deadpanned.
"You promised to marry me 11 years ago!"
"We were kids! You're delusional."

I've never seen Natsu this worked up. I thought, looking back and forth between the two.
"Guys, calm down. We need to get ready. Our guests will be arriving soon. We can settle this later." I stated.
Natsu sighed and reluctantly went to his area, which was now filled with piles of blankets.

Everyone moved to their spots and seconds later the doors opened.

*^*^*^*

The guests slowly left.

"Remember ladies and gentlemen, you are always welcome back. We'll miss you." I smiled, waving goodbye to my guests.
After the last cleared out we gathered on the couch, finally getting to discuss what's going on.
"Natsu, are you ever going to introduce your friends to me?" Suki asked, leaning closer to him on the couch.
Natsu again sighed before reluctantly introducing us.
"Yuki Hinada, our vice president and 2nd year." Yuki gave a small wave, seeming disinterested in the entire situation.

"Ikari Nabashina, 1st year."
"Shinji Hiyama, 3rd year."
"Mai Ootori, our president and 2nd year." I gave her a small wave, which she ignored. Weird...

"Finally, Hideki Hitachiin, 1st year."
"As in, son of one of the Hitachiin twins?" she asked excitedly.
"Y-Yes. My father is Hikaru Hitachiin." he answered awkwardly.
"Oh I love your father's work. I dress in his line every chance I get!"

"So, how did you come to the conclusion that you're engaged?" Yuki interrupted.

"Well, when we were kids, Natsu promised that he'd marry me!"
"That's because you were going to break my arm!" Natsu retaliated.
"No I wasn't silly. I knew I loved Natsu, since we first met."

A knock sounded on the door, breaking up their lovefest--much to my relief.
A girl opened the door, tears running down her face and papers in her hand.
"They said you could help me." she murmured out between wiping her eyes.

With a snap of a finger, everyone moved to their position.

"I'm sorry to cut this short Suki, but I'm going to ask you to leave." I stated.
She looked at me, slightly annoyed.
"I'm not leaving." she stated, sitting back down and crossing her arms.
"Confidentiality and discretion is always used for this. If you don't leave, I'll have to make you leave. Natsu, please."
Natsu grabbed Suki's arm and pulled her up.
"Suki, please just leave. We can talk later okay?" he whispered to her.
Her face softened and she nodded, looking slightly heartbroken.

She walked to the door and stopped, she turned around and glared at me before leaving.

She really doesn't like me, huh? I asked myself.

[Suki's POV]
I pushed the door shut behind, watching the room go dark as they gathered around that girl.

"Natsu..." I murmured, leaning against the door. "Do you really not remember?"

"What's wrong with you?" teased the little girl.
"What do you mean?" asked Natsu, drawing in the dirt.
"You can't like Hikari, you're a boy. He's a boy. That's just weird."
"No it's not! Hikari is my best friend and I love him." Natsu said, standing up.
"That's gross... My mommy says that it's wrong and people like you ruin the world."
Natsu's eyes started to water as he looked at her.
"Hikari agrees," she went on. "Right Hikari?"
Natsu looked at Hikari worried, as he looked away from him.
"I'm sorry Natsu. That's weird... I don't want to be your friend anymore."

With that they both turned to leave as Natsu started sobbing.
"Please don't leave Hikari. I won't be like this anymore. Please don't hate me!" Natsu pleaded, grabbing Hikari's sleeve.
"Don't touch him. You're dirty." the small girl snapped, pushing Natsu's hand off of him.
Hikari instinctively started wiping his sleeve.

I had been watching the whole scene unravel that day.

"Leave him alone!" I yelled, stomping over to them.
"Stay out of this Suki." snapped the girl.
"Don't be mean to Natsu. You can love whoever you want to. You don't know anything and neither does your mom!"
I pushed her to the ground.
She started to cry and Hikari helped her up.
"Come on, Suki is just mean."
They both ran off, leaving us.

I looked over at Natsu, kneeling on the sand crying.

I wrapped my arms around his small frame, shaking as he cried.
"Why am I like this? I don't want to be alone."
I pushed his hands away from his eyes, wiping away his tears.
"Natsu, there's nothing wrong with you..."
"But she said that it's weird."
"She's wrong. Love is for everyone, it doesn't matter if you're a boy or a girl. Love is love."
His sobs broke up and he was sniffling.
"I d-don't want to be alone." he murmured.
"You won't have to be alone." I said standing up. "I'll always be here. I will be your wife."
"I don't want a wife..."
"Well I'll be your wife! Natsu, I'll love you!"
"No." he said.
Without thinking I put him in an armlock.
"I said, I'd be your wife!"

I made my way down the empty
I miss those times... They're simpler.

"Mrs. Okita." a voice called behind me.

I turned around, stepping back away from the person.
"Who are you?" I stanced myself, in case I needed to fight.

"That is not important. There's someone in the host club that is not liked by everyone... Mai Ootori."
"Okay..."
"I think that something we can both agree on. Someone needs your help, are you willing?" They held out their hand.

I stared at their hand.
"Okay, and it's Suki." I stated, grabbing their hand.

<A/N: Another chapter guys! Thank you @CheerfulPrincessXOXO , for the first comment on my most recent chapter. I know it's been forever since I posted, but this chapter came to me in a whopping 1,088 words. Thanks for staying with me. :)>