(Part 5) Burning Memory

We left.

Just straight up left.

No one was hurt when the gunshot went off. (Y/N) had restraint her father long enough for us to leave and go home. I was carrying my dead father over my shoulders. No way in hell I was leaving him there.

I'll burn him when I get home, I thought.

Mother was a sobbing mess when I chunk father into the blazing fire. “Oh son...” She says in a weak voice.

I watch as the flames grow wild, a revolting smell soon filling the atmosphere— burning flesh.

I knew what mom was about to say, but I can't do it. I won't.

“Please. Go get your father's revolter and s-shoot me. O-Or I'll turn in-into one of those things.. And attack you...” She begs.

I grit my teeth along with balling up my fists. “No. I can go get it. But you can do it yourself.” I growl, trying to hide the pain in my voice.

She goes quiet, nodding. “Come with me.” She adds.

Turning to follow after mother, I go to my father's room, going to his nightstand, opening his drawer to find the revolter resting on its side. It was ready to us, just in case someone decided to break in the house.

I grasp the cold gun, turning to hand it to mother who hesitates to take it. She stares at it. Knowing she can't do it, but she has to.

“C-Can you lock the door behind you?” She asks. I nod, going up and hugging her, whispering bitterly in her ear. “I love you...”

“I love you too... So, so much...” She kisses my forehead before I turn to leave, locking the door behind me.

I know mother won't kill herself. I just know. I sigh, hating to do this myself. Going downstairs to the kitchen, I turn on each burner on the stove to high.

I grab a few rolls of paper towels and throw over the eyes, immediately, the rolls catch on fire.

I roll my eyes, leaving the sight as I go to the AC, turning it up to 80 degrees. Soon remembering that there was a jug of gasoline in the spare room, I head over to get it. I start drowning the house with the nose curling smell of gasoline.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I look down at my bloody hands after I finished off Ben, making sure he was far gone from coming back to life. “Oh (Y/N)... You should have listened to me... You should have stayed... Now you've brought trouble upon yourself...” I mumble to myself, an almost insane laugh escaping me.

“Time to go hunting then.~” I grab the gas mask, placing it back on my face. I find a nearby hoodie, throwing it on as I fling over the hood to cover my face. I grab the metal rod and take one last glance at Ben. I chuckle.

“Shouldn't have messed with my princess~” I growl, turning to walk out of the Military Base.

“Ah, my friends are going to enjoy a full course meal~” Zombie, rolls head head a bit, popping his neck as a sickly grin spreads across his face.

((A/N: Hia hia! Just wanted to mention this to those of you enjoying this book so far!~ There is OneShots/Scenarios for this book! Go check it out! :) Don't forget to star/vote or even comment! X3))