Third Wheels Always Ruin A Date

His eyes slowly return to their natural bright blue color. He releases a trembling breath— It
sounded like he'd been holding it for a while. You find yourself unable to look away from him.

He says he remembers you. How?

You search through your past and try to recall all the guys you parents kept away from you until... until...

You slap him. Hard.

"YOU!!!" You scream, rage surging through your body. Your teeth are clenched so hard your jaw hurts.
You glare at him with an intensity that sends him stumbling back.

"That was you?!" You're still screaming. You can't help yourself. It's all his fault. He caused the accident that cost you everything. Everything.

He rubs his cheek and watches you from under a veil of hair, anger, hurt, and confusion in his eyes.

Your face twists into a snarl. "You ruined my fucking life. You! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" Hot tears trail down your cheeks. Your mother's face flashed in your mind. The bond you two shared was
unlike any other. It ran deeper than blood. You had always been afraid someone would somehow take that away. Someone did. And here there are, standing right in front of you.

Back in your life.

"You... You sick bastard! Stay away from me! Forget protecting me! I'd rather DIE than stay another minute with yo-"

"Oh, an afternoon snack."
A deep, bitter male voice catches you off guard. You spin around to see a sick looking guy with glasses and shaggy brown hair. His eyes are burning with rage.

 His eyes are burning with rage

"Hey, snack. Scream at Z like that again, and I'll really give you something to scream about. You hear me, bitch?"

You hear Zombie chuckle behind you-- It was more of a cold, humorless bark. "How about you shut the hell up before I give you something to scream about." His voice sounds more beast than man.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?" Like an impudent child, you stomp your feet and ball your fists. You shoot glares from Zombie to the stranger and back.

With his face still turned toward the stranger, he sneaks a peek at you before swallowing and looking away.

He doesn't look you in the eyes again.

"That's what I should be asking here." The stranger says, crossing his arms.

He grabs your arm and whispers, "(Y/N), I-I don't remember what I did but knowing me... Yeah,
your probably right. It probably is my fault. I... Probably did ruin your life. And I'm sorry. Let me
make it up to you by keeping you alive."

You shove him away like something filthy. His face becomes a stone mask. After a long moment of silence, he says, "That's Ben. My human slave."

"Ben?" You suddenly remember the day you first met... both Zombie and Ben. A hot blush crosses your nose. This guy will definitely be a problem.

You pull him down so you can hiss in his ear. You cup your hand over your mouth as if it'll hide your words. "Zombie, when the hell were you going to tell me you had a human pet?!" You must not be a very good whisperer, because Ben scowled at the word "pet".

Zombie just shrugs. He seemed amused by your futile effort to be secretive. "Well. He kind of
hides out here. He actually held me against my will here for a few days." Zombie says that so casually. Is kidnapping "in" this year?

"Wait... what? Didn't you just say he was your slave?"

"Yeah."

"Z doesn't need to explain everything to you, snack," Ben barks.

"Careful."

Something Ben sees in Zombie's face makes him suddenly pale. He keeps his mouth clamped shut.

Once Ben was silent, Zombie turns his gaze back to you and sighs. "Explaining it is such a drag," he complains then takes a deep breath. "Long story short... Ben likes me." Zombie rolls his eyes. "Dead or alive."

TheAESTHETIC_Edits)))