Getting Ahead Of Yourself

“Z. You've got to tell her. Or I will. I don't care how pissed off you get. She has a choice just like I di-” Ben tells Zombie.

Zombie turns on him and screams, “She doesn't have a choice, Ben! She's not leaving me! And you-- I could give a rat's ass about you.” His eyes are fiery red again. The hole in his cheek has healed. This is the power you have over him. You make him whole again. How can he let you walk out on him? Leaving him to rot.

The tension in the room was rising, making the air thick-- you struggle to breathe. You can't tell if they're serious or joking.

You gulp down the lump forming in your throat. All you could do is listen and try to find the problem.

“Fucking tell her! Or are you too scared? Is that it? Come on, this is just pathetic. She's human. You're not! Let. Her. Go!”

What happened next. Completely shocks both of you.

Zombie attacked Ben, tackling him to the ground. Your eyes go wide with horror.

I CAN'T!!!!” He roars and tears into Ben's collar bone. You turn your head away quickly— the sound of Ben's flesh ripping apart makes you sick. And the screaming— OH the screaming was unbearable. A hand draws up to cover your mouth with the muffled scream—Ben's overpowering yours.

“Fuck you ———!!” Ben grinds out.

You don't dare to look behind you, but you have to save Ben. You do know one other important thing about these beasts– they smelled blood.

You have to stop him. You see some weapons near, but you don't want to hurt him. So. You turn and lock your arms around his stomach. You yank him back. He was absolutely covered in blood.

A scream escapes you, and — as if sensing your fear— he turns on you. He is seconds from tearing your face off when abruptly, he freezes. His gaze softens as he looks into your eyes. You see regret in his. “(Y/N)... I'm... I'm sorry you had to see that...” He mumbles, drawing his hand up to
stroke your soft cheek. You shiver at the sight of Ben's blood dripping down his face.

He stands and pulls you up with him before turning back to Ben to finish him off. Suddenly, he
stops.

A strange gurgling sound comes from Zombie's throat.

Blood spills from his mouth. A lot. Not Ben's.

He drops to his knees.

“ZOMBIE!” You scream, rushing by his side

Ben glares at you— his chest is a bloody mess with flesh hanging over his collar bone.

“Leave,” He growls, holding a metal rod to your throat. “Don't. Come. Back.”

“N...No!” Zombie chokes on his words. Weakly, he pleads. “Don't listen to him (Y/N)! Remember what..... What I said!... I... I can pr-” Ben swings the rod around and smacks Zombie in the face, knocking him out in an instant.

“Shut the fuck up ———.” Ben glares at Zombie's limp form. “I'm giving you freedom (Y/N). You better start running. Not unless– you want him to find your body stone cold in a corner.” Ben raises an eyebrow, obviously happy to do gruesome things to you.

You regret saving this bastard. “But you're infected now.” You blurt out.

Ben glares at you. “Don't worry about that, dumbass. I can handle mys–”

“What if you can't?”

His grip on the metal rod tightens. “You've got 5. Fucking. Seconds.” His eyes are inhuman. “Run.”

Well...

What the hell are you waiting for?

RUN.

((Edited by: TheAESTHETIC_Edits))