Hacking Up A Lung

"That's right. So he's mine. Now if you like, I can show you where the other surv-"

"SHUT UP!" Zombie roars, snapping his jaw at him- some saliva slings out of the rip in his cheek. His eyes are no longer blue. They are burning red.

You stare at him. You're a little afraid. Ben was glaring at Zombie, showing no fear whatsoever.

Stood there starring up sparks for minutes.

Just staring at each other.

Was there something you were missing here?

"Z-Zombie? T-The mask? Remember?" You ask him, worry leaking out of your voice. In a split second, Zombie's eyes turn back to that vibrant blue color as he chuckles innocently.

"Of course!" He does that cute little puppy head-tilt and flashes a dazzling smile.

Talk about emotional whiplash...

You make yourself busy with the tank, slinging the rusty door open. You stumble back as a mini dust cloud rolls around you-- sending you into a fit of coughs. The damn dust is trying to kill you.

"The fuck!" Ben is livid. "You were just mad at each other a few moments ago! How come you're

staying?!"

Zombie deals with Ben while you sit there dying. "Dude. Shut up. She's human. That's how they are." You could hear a sassy eye-roll in his voice.

Half blind, you feel around the leather seats while trying to beat the dust cloud down with your bare hands.

Nothing, nothing- ew wet- nothing, nothing, then... something! You trace your fingers over it. It

feels a lot like... a skull!? Nope, nope, wait...

You grasp the object again and move away from the fading dust, still hunched over and coughing up your lungs. The coughs are rough, seeming to come up from hell it's self. Your chest burns. Breathing is difficult.

Zombie strides into your peripheral vision. He's grinning at you.

Fear welcomes you once again. He looks like he's about to put an injured animal out of its misery. He's inching closer as you gasp for air. Suddenly, something strange happens.

Something... Supernatural.

He blows some air in your face and suddenly... You can breathe. Everything in your body freezes. You're fine. You don't feel the need to hack up a lung again. You stare at Zombie in amazement. He blushes.

"W... What did yo- how?"

"Just returning some of your air you gave me..." That blush. He's... Just... Messing you up, isn't

he?

It's so handsome...

Your heart does small summersaults in your chest and you feel the heat radiating off your cheeks.

He smiles. "I know that look. You like what you see. I'll make it better by putting on the gas mask for you." As he takes the mask out of your hands, he brushes his fingers along yours- leaving a sweet, burning sensation behind.

You try to control your wild thoughts as you watch him adjusting and putting the mask over his face. He looks like a tamed animal now...

You feel the guilt rising up in your chest as you stare up at him.

He tilts his head at you, confusion gleaming in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Dude!?" Ben snaps. "Take that off! She can't tell you what to do! She isn't your owner or some shit."

Somehow, you notice a slight change in Zombie's attitude when he's talking to Ben- almost like he's joking violently with the guy. But poor Ben takes it so seriously.

Zombie just chuckles, keeping his gaze on you. "So what if she is? There's nothing you can do

about it."

Ben raises an eyebrow and turns his head towards you with the sourest face.

"I bet the fuck not."

"Ben. Shut the fuck up," Zombie grumbles.

"No. Why is she even here, Z? Who the fuck is this?!"

"It's (Y/N). That girl that you hate so much from high school?" Zombie crosses his arms.

The three of you were standing in a small circle. Ben was furthest from you. Thankfully. "That bitch?" He flings his head back and groans, throwing his hands up in frustration. "Ah fucking hell, Z! Why can't you leave this bitch alone?!"

He shrugs. "We just... Kind of met. It wasn't on purpose." Zombie blushes a deeper red. He closes his eyes as a slow, cheesy smile spreads across his face.

You just smile at the two.

Maybe it won't be that bad...

Are you sure (Y/N)?

((Edited by: TheAESTHETIC_Edits))