Chapter 7 - Mystery Visitor

Christina's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF JOHNNY ON THE SIDE

     "Hello?" I asked.

     "Follow my voice sweetheart," I heard a familiar voice. I followed the voice throughout the forest. When I came to a stop, I couldn't help but have tears run down my face and gasp at the person in front of me.

     "Grandma Rosie..." I croaked out. My grandma had passed away when I was three. I still remember that day. I was outside running around freely with my brother and my friends. My grandma was inside watching us. A couple minutes later my mom and dad came running over to us and practically dragged us inside the house. When I got into the house, my grandma was laying down on the couch. I listened quietly...there were only 7 heartbeats. Mine, my mom, dad, brother, Alex, Arial, and Jessica. That was when I realized one thing. My grandma had died. I stared wide-eyed at my grandma before falling down on my knees and holding her hand, crying and begging she would come back. The doctor had said that my grandma was murdered. The pills she was taken were replaced with some weird ones. The fake pills were filled with small doses of wolfs-bane. As each pill digested into her body, the wolfs-bane would slowly spread throughout her body, slowly eating her insides.

     Ever since that day I wanted to find out who dare killed my grandma. My mom and dad stopped me before I did anything stupid. I forgot all about it as the years slowly passed by.

     "Christina..." said my grandma, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see her face. Her eyes were filled with un-shed tears. Her cheeks were stained with the fallen tears. I quickly ran over to her and hugged her. I took in everything. Her small frame. Her caramel and crème scent. Everything.

     "Shh...my dear. It's okay," she silently cooed me. That was the moment I realized how hard I was sobbing. I pulled away from her and smiled. She smiled back before checking over me.

     "My...my...dear, look how tall and beautiful you've gotten," she said while twirling me around.

     "Thank you grandma. Grandma, can I ask you a question?" I asked. I looked over at her and she nodded while taking me on a walk throughout the forest. Everything was magnificent. The beautiful sparkles of the droplets of water. The rays of sunshine shining through the trees. The birds chirping happily. It was beautiful.

     I let out a sigh before saying "How is this happening? First Mom and Dad visit me, now you. Who's next? Grandpa?"

     Instead of answering me, she let out a bark of laughter. "Rosie!" someone shouted. I remembered that voice. It was awfully familiar. My grandma quickly stopped laughing and walked over to where that voice was coming from. I stayed behind her, admiring the ground with each step I took.

     "Christina..." said that familiar voice. I snapped my head towards the voice. There stood in-front of me and beside my grandma was no other than my grandpa. My eyes began tearing up again. I lunged at my grandpa, holding onto him tightly. He was also holding me tightly. I felt my neck getting wet since the fact that my grandpa was way taller than me and was crying whilst burying his head in the crook of my neck as if I just died and came back alive, but for me? That's exactly what I was feeling.

     I pulled away from my grandpa and looked at them both while a big smile played across my face. They both looked happy seeing me here. I turned towards my grandma and asked, "How is this happening?"

     Both of them let out a sigh before telling me to walk with them around the forest. I agreed and followed them.

     "Christina...there is something we need to tell you," said my grandpa. I looked up at him and nodded. I sat down on the ground, letting them continue. My grandpa and grandma sat down in front of me. My grandma took my hand in hers and began rubbing little circles on the back of my hand. My grandpa let out a big sigh before turning his head towards the lake beside us.