Chapter 1 - Painful Past, Scarred Future

Christina's P.O.V.

     I remember that day when my pack was over-driven by rogues. The day where hundreds of my people died. The night where my family, friends, and I ran away to safety. The day where Midnight Horizon Shore Pack no longer existed.

     It was early in the morning when I was awoken by someone shouting. It was my birthday, I remembered. The person shouting turned out to be the one and only, my brother.

     "Get up sleepy head! It's your birthday c'mon!" shouted my brother.

     My brother was only seven that day, while I had just turned five.

     "Okay, okay, get off me you weirdo," I said, as I sat up in my bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

     "Hurry up, mom is making breakfast and you know how Jessica, Arial, and Alex get's when it's somebody's birthday breakfast!" he shouted over his shoulder while running out the door.

     Jessica, Arial, and Alex are my best friends in the whole world. We all grew up together so we're basically one big happy family. Jessica's parents died because of a car crash when they went out that night. Arial and Alex's parents died because of rogues. My mom and dad decided to take all three of them home and treat them like they were their own children. Jessica, Arial, Alex, and I were all five that day. Johnny, my brother from earlier, was seven, the oldest out of us five. Usually on somebody's birthday my mom makes a big birthday breakfast and it's really yummy so we each try to beat each other downstairs first because nobody could resist my mom's cooking.  

     My birthday is on September 29.

     Jessica's birthday is on January 16.

     Arial's birthday is on July 08.

     Alex's birthday is on January 12.

     As for my brother, June 08.

     When I finished taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and putting on clothes, I ran downstairs. To my surprise only my mom, dad, brother, and Alex were the only ones in the kitchen.

     "Ah, there's the birthday girl and my little sweetheart," my dad said pulling me onto his lap.

     My dad was the Alpha of our pack. My mom was the current Luna. Our pack was one of the strongest pack in North America. We were currently ranked #2. The pack that was currently ranked #1, was Midnight Silver Pack. Which is our best friend pack. The Alpha of that pack grew up with my dad so they were best friends.

     "Daddy, daddy, hehe put me down my tummy is starving!" I squealed. I know, I was such a loser back then.

     "Haha okay, now enjoy your breakfast because later on all of us are going to go outside and have a small party with only us, nobody else, family bonding time," said my dad with a playful glint in his eyes. I knew he was just joking of course. My parents always had a huge party were the whole pack was invited to celebrate the Alpha's children's birthdays.

     "Okay daddy," I said as I got down and sat in the middle of Alex and Johnny.

     "Happy birthday Christina," said Alex while he ruffled through my hair.

     "Hey! Don't mess up my hair," I pouted.

     "But, thank you," I said as I put two pancakes and three bacon strips on my plate.