Chapter 15 - Merry Christmas~*~* Part 2

Mason's P.O.V.

     I stayed quiet and watched her carefully. I scoffed and walked away. My heart silently breaking at each step that creates more distance between us.

     "Wait! Mason, please," she whispered but I heard her loud and clear. I stopped walking but my back was still facing her.

     "Please don't leave me, I've already had so many other people walk out of my life...I can't lose you too," she cried. Now I felt damn guilty. I quickly turned around and was by her side in a flash, holding her in my arms.

     "I'm not going to leave you, I promise," I whispered.

     "I-It's not what you think it is. That guy on my laptop is..." she trailed off.

     "Is?" I urged.

     "He's my cousin. He died by trying to help my brother, Jessica, Alex, Arial, and me escape," she whispered. Now I was plain confused. She said that when she escaped, she was a little kid, not a grown-up...because in that picture...she was definitely grown-up and definitely not a kid. She must've seen my confused face because she continued.

     "He was actually another survivor of my pack. When my brother, Jessica, Arial, Alex, and I were on the run, jumping from state to state, city to city, we bumped into him. That picture was taken when I was 14. One day, we were all in the forest when we came across the rogues that killed my pack. He used himself as a distraction so we could make it to the other side and continue our run. He sacrificed his life for me, Mason. While I was running away, I heard his screams in pain, I never saw him again," she cried. I held her closer to me and let her cry.

     "How come you stayed quiet when I asked you who was he?" I asked.

     "I only stayed quiet because I was thinking of a way to tell you because I knew you were thinking bad things, plus it was hard for me to talk about my cousin," she said. I nodded and kissed her cheek.

     "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to think bad, it's just my wolf and I hate seeing you in another man's arms, please forgive me," I whispered.

     "It's okay, as long as you promise me you'll never leave me," she whispered.

     "I promise," I whispered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

     After our conversation, we just laid down on the grass, my arm was placed around her shoulder as one hand was behind my head. Her arms were laying on my chest as she looked at me while I looked at the sky. She was humming along to a song that was familiar.

     "Baby, what are you humming?" I asked. She looked at me before smiling a bit.

     "My mom sung me this song on the night before she died," she said. She began singing the lyrics and I remembered this song. It was Daylight by Maroon 5.

'Here I am waiting,

I have to leave soon.'

'Why am I,

holding on?'

'We knew this day would come,

we knew it all along.'

'How did it,

come so fast?,

This is our last night,