Chapter 19 - Just Another Day

Christina's P.O.V.

     "Oh God, someone get me an ice pack," moaned Jessica. I chuckled and shook my head. Alex walked into the kitchen, wincing at each step, to get Jessica her ice pack. Jessica, Mason, Arial, and Johnny slumped down onto the couch, sighing in relief. Alex soon came back with an ice pack for Jessica. He didn't even hand it to her, he just thrusted it onto her lap and slumped down next to her, closing his eyes. Since they all took up all the space on the couch, I just sat down on the carpeted floor and crossed my legs beneath me, looking at all of them with amusement.

     Annabel had decided to train them all for the upcoming battle along with me, which explains their soreness. They had just finished running around and dodging her attacks. I had decided to let her have control of my body once in a while to show them the level of strength they would possibly face.

     "Look, Annabel, we love you, but honestly, right now, I fucking hate you," moaned Alex. I burst out laughing but was cut short when Annabel let out a warning growl. I clamped my lips together and began to shake with laughter.

     "Christina, can I ask you a question?" asked Arial. I looked over at her and saw that she was looking at me with one eye open. I just raised an eyebrow at her.

     "How the fudge are you not tired?" she asked incredulously. Everyone popped one eye open to look at me and wait for my answer. I just simply held up the sapphire necklace that was nestled between my beasts.

     "Lucky bitch," murmured Arial as she shut her eyes. I just grinned at her. Everyone else closed their eyes and began to slowly drift off. I had noticed that my brother's head dropped to the side, notifying me that he had really fallen asleep.

     'They're falling asleep, wake them up. We still have some daylight shinning out and we can't take any risks,' hissed Annabel. I looked outside and saw that it had only became sunset. We had decided to skip school today and practice. I can understand their pain, since we started training at seven in the morning and hadn't had a proper rest until now, which was 7:35 PM.

     'Let them sleep, Annabel. They're not used to the amount of work,' I commented. Annabel sighed and practically clicked her tongue at me repeatedly.

    'You're too nice, that'll get you killed on the battle field,' she said before she disappeared.

     I just rolled my eyes before I closed my eyes and began concentrating my powers and making sure my energy level wasn't too low. My body began to cool down by the A/C and my mind began to clear itself. I slowly breathed in and out through my nose, trying to relieve some of the pain I had gotten while training.  

     But my concentration was cut short. By lightening and thunder. My eyes snapped open by the sudden thunder. I jumped slightly since I wasn't expecting for thunderstorms currently. I got up slowly and walked over towards the window, seeing the sudden dark clouds and lightening streaks decorate the sky, covering up the beautiful sunset. I frowned and walked over towards my iPhone, sliding my finger across the screen. I pressed the home button and tapped on the weather app. I waited for the weather to update itself. I saw that the sunny skies had suddenly turned into a picture with clouds and lightening streaks coming down from the clouds. I looked at the weather for the rest of the week and saw that it was supposed to rain and thunder all week long. I dragged my finger down and saw that the chances for rain and thunder all week long was one-hundred percent. I pressed the home button, watching the screen go back to where all my apps were. I turned off my phone and placed it back down on the table, glancing up at everyone. I smiled when I had noticed Arial's head was placed in my brother's neck and her legs were draped over his legs. As for Jessica and Alex, the both of them were cuddling up next to each other. I looked over at Mason and smiled briefly when I saw that he had a small, cute, little pout on his lips. I went upstairs and grabbed three blankets for everyone. I came back downstairs and draped one over Alex and Jessica. One over my brother and Arial. The last one I draped over Mason. I walked around the living room, grabbing all of the empty water bottles and snack wrappers and threw them away in the kitchen trash can.

     The front door opened slightly, before two voices came floating into the house. I had immediately recognized it as the Alpha and the Luna.

     "Shh, honey, the kids are sleeping," hissed the Luna when the both of them had walked into the living room, laughing loudly at some joke the Alpha had told. I walked out of the kitchen and their heads looked over at me. A brief smile came over their faces as they looked at me.

     "How was your date?" I asked. The both of them grinned and looked at each other lovingly.

     "It was wonderful. But we're tired and we're just going to go call it a night. Goodnight Christina," whispered the Alpha. I nodded and watched the both of them walk up the stairs and soon I heard the bedroom door opening and shutting close. I then looked over at my friends and mate.

     'Should we carry them upstairs?' asked Annabel. I waited for a while to think if I should, but then I let out a snort of laughter. I was pretty sure that by the time I had tried to get them into their bedrooms, I would be drained out and probably gained a few broken bones.