12: See Through (Part 6)

"Stripped down to my heart, naked to the core. All of me uncharted, begs to be explored."

---

August 18. 8:30 AM.

Who's winning? I don't know. If I succeed at seducing Scott, he does something to even out the score. Is he even keeping score? This game is very exciting but very, very frustrating.

---

August 26. 8:00 AM.

That was some way to celebrate our first month of being together.

I'm not really into celebrating monthsaries, and so is Scott. But it was a little milestone. We didn't even reach one month when we first dated.

We were busy the whole day, doing interviews in the morning and a couple of meetings in the afternoon. When we got home, it was the first time we were alone in hours. I went straight into my room to change and freshen up. When I got out, Scott was on the couch, wine bottle in one hand and 2 glasses on the other.

"What are we celebrating?" I asked innocently.

"Like you don't know." He started pouring wine. When he finished he handed me a glass.

I sat beside him and faced him.

"This is the happiest I've ever been and I know that we're just starting. I'm looking forward to more crazy adventures with you. I love you, Mitch."

My heart was swelling with happiness and love. "You make me happy, too. I'm so excited for the many things we'll get to experience together. I love you, too, Scott." I raised my glass. "To us?"

He raised his glass and clinked it with mine. "To us."

We sipped our wine quietly. "This feels so... mature. Us having red wine. Is this all we're having?"

"I bought dessert." Scott had a twinkle in his eye.

I was intrigued. "Oooh, is it something I like?"

"Pretty sure."

"Where is it?" There was nothing else on the couch except our wine.

"It's dessert. It's for later."

"I want it now." I acted like a spoiled child.

"Fine." He disappeared into the kitchen. When he got back, he was holding a big tub of ice cream and 2 spoons.

I thought is was something more sexy like strawberries or chocolate or strawberries dipped in chocolate (note to self: buy chocolate-coated strawberries). "Ice cream?"

"Yes, Melinda. Ice cream." He again sat opposite me and handed me one spoon. "You want to do the honors?"

"This won't go well with the wine," I said, grabbing the spoon from him.

"Well, I don't want to put it back. And you were the one who said you wanted dessert now, right?"

Does he have to shove it in my face when he's right? I opened the tub. Pink ice cream. Strawberry? "Why ice cream?"

"This reminds me of the day after Valentine's. When we ate tons of ice cream together."

"Oh." I scooped a spoonful of ice cream and took a bite. "Mmmm. Yum. You want some?"

"Feed me." His smile was so naughty it gave me an idea.

I ate another spoonful of ice cream, leaned over and kissed him. I stuck out my tongue, asking for access. When he let me in, I used my tongue to push ice cream into his mouth. I didn't break the kiss until the ice cream had fully melted in our mouths. When I pulled back, I saw that there was a drip of ice cream on the side of his mouth. "Ooops, don't want to waste that." I leaned in again and licked it off before planting a quick kiss on his lips.