11: See Through (Part 5)

"World under my skin, there for you to find."

---

July 31. 9:20 PM.

This has been the best birthday month ever. Everything is going great, especially with Scott. I thought we'd have more awkward moments transitioning from best friends to boyfriends, but there hasn't been much. I think it helped that he spent a couple of months experimenting being all sweet with me. The only difference is that now, I know what he means by it.

We still haven't told anyone. I asked him not to. I want to enjoy him, us, as much as I could before sharing the news with the world. We're still in a little happy bubble. I'm afraid if anyone finds out it will burst.

---

August 1. 9:35 PM.

I can't believe Scott. He is one hella naughty man child.

So we were at Kevin and Avi's apartment trying to arrange our new cover. During lunch, we were seated beside each other (like always). Scott was on my right, Kevin sat opposite me, Avi opposite Scott, and Kirstie in between Scott and Avi. Kevin was talking animatedly about this new show he liked so much when I felt Scott's hand travel up my thigh. I looked at him, trying not to show the horror on my face, but he was looking at Kevin and laughing with the rest. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it a little harder than necessary (but I didn't move it away - sue me). He glanced at me, moved his hand so that my fingers were entwined with his, beamed, and then looked back at Avi and the rest.

I brought out my phone and sent him a message.

Mitch: "Let go"

Scott: "Make me"

I wanted to shoot him with dagger looks but he kept his eyes on the boys and Kirst.

Mitch: "U won't like it"

Scott: "Try me"

Scott was playing games. Luckily, I was in the mood to participate. I leaned over, brought my lips near his ears, and covered my mouth with my free hand so the others won't see. "Is this what you want?" I whispered as softly and as seductively as I could. Then I slowly licked his outer ear from bottom to top before pulling away. Ha!

He looked at me and I saw him turn a pretty shade of pink. But he recovered quickly and he laughed. Fake laughed. "That's so funny, Kendall! You have to share that with the group!"

Son of a bitch. Didn't even let my hand go. They all turned their attention to me. "Shaaare!" yelled Kirstie.

It was my turn to blush. "Guys, it's nothing. It was... this stupid joke I remembered. Not worth hearing."

"But it was soooo funny!" Scott was smirking.

"Kylie," I said, widening my eyes but still trying to smile, "they probably won't even get it. It's an inside joke, remember?"

"Are you or are you not telling us?" Avi interrupted.

"I guess not. Maybe next time. Right, Jenna?" His words were laced with double meanings. If anybody noticed anything, their faces gave nothing away.

"Right."

Scott finally let go of my hand. He kept his tricks to himself for the rest of lunch and I was able to eat in peace. I was more than eager to join the conversation when the topic shifted to our upcoming tour and ideas for the next album.

I thought when lunch ended so did Scott's games. I was wrong. He sat close to me (from the others' point of views it likely looked nothing out of the ordinary) and did all sorts of stuff. When nobody was looking (at least I think nobody saw us), he ran his his fingers down my spine and settled at the curve of my back. He stole kisses which mostly landed on my ear and nape. He whispered things like, "Hey gorgeous", "You're sexy when you sing" and "I love you". He made it extremely difficult to focus.