3: Problem (Part 3)

"I let you go, I let you back. I finally learned my lesson."

---

February 15. 5:30 PM.

I've managed to convince Scott to get a shower. He's still been sulking, though (who wouldn't be?), and still wouldn't talk to me. I'll try to win him over with ice cream later. And maybe a Family Guy marathon.

Where were we? Ah, yes, Scott entering the apartment.

You know what's funny? He came in so quietly that I didn't even notice. That plus the fact that I was in a drunken haze and busy making out with Travis. I wasn't sure how long he stood just a few feet away from the couch, mouth slightly hanging open, just... staring. He must have been pretty shocked. The only reason I even opened my eyes was to look at Travis' belt since I couldn't seem to get it off him.

"S- scott." I pushed Travis away from me. I honestly felt like a teenager again, caught doing something very wrong. Travis looked behind him and finally realized that we had company.

Scott looked like he was going to say something but decided against it. A few seconds later he said, "I'll be in my room." Then he started walking. Fast. It took him only a couple of strides before he reached his bedroom door.

"Wait, Scott!" I got up and tried to follow him but Travis gripped my forearm.

"Mitch, we were in the middle of something here." 

Hell yeah, we were. "But it's too early for Scott to be home. Something must have happened. I'll be quick, I'll just check up on him."

"You're doing it again."

"What?"

"Choosing Scott over me. Whatever it is, can't it wait?"

That's when it hit me. I remembered why we broke up in the first place. He doesn't understand what Scott is to me. He doesn't understand that Scott is my best friend. He doesn't understand that if Scott needs me, I'll be there for him. And he doesn't understand that I've been with Scott long enough to know when he needs me even when he doesn't say it. Despite my wine goggles, I was pretty sure Scott needed me at that moment.

"It can't. Actually, can you leave?" I forcefully pulled my arm away from his grip. 

"Seriously? You've got to be fucking kidding me." Travis stood up. "Last chance, Mitch. You sure you want to do this?"

Bastard. What, like he's the only guy in the world? Excuse me.

"You know your way out. Lock the door when you leave." I tried to sound as cold as possible.

Shithead laughed softly while shaking his head. I wanted to scream at him right then or smack his head. Good thing he left, and he actually did lock the door.

As soon as Travis left I ran to Scott's room. I didn't even have to worry about the bulge in my pants; in the last few seconds I was talking with Travis, the evidence of the stupid mistake I just made disappeared.

Scott didn't usually lock his room except when Alex was inside with him. But at the time it was. I knocked softly and waited.

And... there is knocking on my door. Thank God. Time for ice cream and cartoons marathon.