Chapter 5

"We're home!" Miles screams as he enters the room.

"Shut up." Lin groans. I look back at the door and find Lin over Miles' shoulder.

"What are you-" I start to question.

"She was about to fight with Cat so I grabbed her and ran around to shut her up." Miles says with a sinister smile.

"You can let go of me now you rat." Lin hisses before Miles let's her roll off of his shoulder. She groans in pain as Miles sits on my lap, sprawling out over me as he groans.

"I'm bored."

"You literally just sat down." I state, rolling my eyes.

"You're literally no fun." He sighs before looking behind me. "I don't know why you're so into her."

"Didn't you date her?" Ivy asks as she sits on the couch across from mine. I nod my head with a sigh.

"Sadly yes, for 3 years."

"You poor thing..." Ivy drifts off, trying to hide her laugh. I chuckle as I shove Miles off of me, he then jumps up and moves behind my couch.

"Now that I've mentioned it... I would really love to know." Miles begins.

"Know what?" Dylan asks in a monotone voice as he tries to get past Miles.

"Why are you so obsessed with her?" Ryan asks him as he enters the room. The two guys circle Dylan as they try guessing why he likes me, Dylan glancing at his watch.

"Are you two done wasting my time yet? I have somewhere to be." Dylan states, Ryan approaching him.

"Where are you headed?"

"Making reservations at a 5 star restaurant for the two of you?" Miles inquires, Ryan shaking his head.

"No, no, no. He already has the reservation. Now he's going to buy flowers and an engagement ring." I snort and roll my eyes, the three guys looking at me.

"What's so funny?" Ryan asks, confused as to why I reacted that way.

"The fact that you think he can think of something so romantic. He's made of ice guys. Be realistic." I state, Dylan glaring at me before shoving Ryan and Miles out of the way as he heads upstairs.

"Well then, you are so inconsiderate and rude." Miles snaps at me.

"Says the one who caused that whole situation to happen." The two boys walk away as I stand to help cook.
We make a salad, some ribs, and some sausage. I decide to make some alcoholic beverages because why not?

"Here you all go." I say as I place everything on the table, everyone diging in.

"This is delicious." Shane compliments.

"What'd you do to it?" Miles asks, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Nothing. Just added some love." I smile. "You need it." I whisper to Miles. He kicks me and, out of reflex, I place my hand on his neck.

"Quit your shit." I snap.

"You quit your's." He snaps back. He grabs my hair and pulls it back, placing his other hand on my neck.

"You'll spoil the food." Nate whines.

"Not like I'm eating it anyway." I state.

"These drinks are really good... What'd you put in them?" Ivy asks.

"Vodka." I reply, keeping my eyes fixed on Miles.

"You let 14 and 15 year olds drink?" Tori snaps.

"Yeah. It's 'cause we know how to handle it." Ryan adds smuggly, Shane nudging him to shut him up.

"But that's not good for you." Lin states as Miles' grip tightens, my grip doing the same.

"It isn't like they're drinking it bare." Dylan sighs, shoving Miles' arm away from me, only to have Miles place it back in less than a second.

"Let go." Chris snaps at Miles and I.

"Tell him to let go."

"Tell her to let go." Dylan and Ryan unhing our hands from each others necks before the two continue eating.

"Let's sleep. Give the rest to the dogs." Cat smiles, easing the awkwardness in the air.

"What dogs?" Ivy asks, looking around with confusion.

"The ones right in front of you." Lin snorts as she nods towards Miles, Ryan, and I.

"I'd watch my mouth if I were you." Miles warns as he stands, taking his plate with him.

"I got it." I say, standing up. I grab the leftovers and open the back door, whistling outside. The hell hounds appear in the distance and I place the plate on the floor.

"Anyone want any before it's gone?" Miles asks, the dogs running towards me soon after. I walk over and look for my favorite as the three dogs eat.

"AJ?" I ask, a dog head popping up before he walks towards me.

"How's my good boy?" I ask. He starts panting and lies down on his back. I rub his belly before grabbing a bone.

"Put sugar on this one." I tell Ryan. He grabs the bone and disappears inside.

"Here." He says a few minutes later.

"Here, boy." I say before handing AJ the bone. He licks my face before he and the two other dogs run off to their home.

"Those aren't dogs. Those are hell hounds." Tori panics behind me.

"So?" I ask.

"They are evil and vicious and-and dead." Ivy stutters.

"They may be dead but they aren't vicious or evil. They're like any other dog. All they want is love. Roni shows that little scamp love everyday. He saved her life. And she's saving his." Miles states, Lin scoffing.

"How?" She asks, rolling her eyes.

"We got lost in the forest and a pack of wild hell hounds came after us. That scamp of Veronica's came in and made them back away. She feeds him, his brother and sister everyday or every other day as a payment and token of her appreciation. You'll love them when you meet them. Hell, the other two don't have an owner." Dylan says, moving beside me.

"So, they are nice?" Shane asks.

"Yeah."

---------------------

Ryan Lancaster is the person on top and I just think this is what I imagined Ryan looking like.