Forty Four - Slaughter House.

Everyone chipped, sawed, grinded and cut their make shift weapons into shape, waiting for the moment the doors opened and Gareth's men stormed in.

'Carl?' I asked tugging wood way front the floorboards.

'Yeah?' He said absentmindedly, focusing as much as he could on his weapon.

'Do you think...ya know...we'll get out of here?' I asked, biting my lip.

Suddenly a hand shot out and grabbed my hand, slowly intertwining our fingers together.

'I promised my mom I'd keep you safe...and I'm not gonna break it...I need you. I can't go on without you, there is no doubt in my mind that I won't get you out of here safely, no doubt in my freaking mind Lydia Dixon.' He smiled, pulling me closer to him 'I love you.'

'I love you too.' I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist and pecking his lips, a smirk plastered across his face.

'If you kiss one more time I'm gonna puke all over you.' Luke said blankly, earning a snigger from Dani and Sasha.

'Well Luke how about I tell everyone about when you were si-' I began, but a shout from outside stopped me.

"Everybody line up outside the door now!"

We all jumped up grabbing our weapons, and waiting for the door to open, but it never did, instead the ceiling opened up shining rays of light down onto us and a metal can was dropped down...

'Everybody hit the floor!' Abraham yelled, I scrambled for Carl's hand dropping down onto the floor beside him, hitting my head off a loose pipe and then...darkness.

                                                                *******

When I next opened my eyes, I saw Carl next to me a rush of relief filled my body, until I thought about everyone else and I immediately sat up. A feeling of dizziness shot through my body, and the train cart began to spin, but I refused to fall back into darkness. The first thing I noticed, was everyone lay on the floor unconscious, whatever they dropped in there must've of been some sort of chemical to put us all to sleep...

I shook Carl, trying to wake him up but he just lay there, his chest falling up and down. I thought I was on my own but saw a body stir in the corner.

'Rosita?' I asked, shuffling over to where she lay.

'Its me...' She rubbed her eyes 'where's Rick?'

I glanced around the train cart, realising rick was missing along with Glenn, Bob and...My Dad...

'Dad!' I screamed, Luke immediately woke up running over to me, his boots thudding across the wooden flooring as he ran.

'It's Dad!' I cried, leaning into Luke's shoulder 'he's gone Luke...he's gone.'

Mixing it up a little here now...

*Daryl's POV*

All I could think about were my kids...Luke, Lydia, Sophie and Dani. I knew Dani was my brothers daughter but she was my responsibility now, and Sophie wasn't even related to any of us, not physically but mentally she was my daughter, and nobody was gonna take my kids away from me.

Eight of us sat lined up in front of a pig's trough I wondered what it was for, but then I remembered the bodies. Those skeletons cluttered all together in some sort of penn, meat clung to them ,little pieces of somebody clung to them.

Cannibals. They were cannibals. I should've known...

I had to get out of there, I pulled against my restraints but they were too tight...after all that time, I was gonna die. Leaving my kids orphans.

'Come on!' Bob said, trying to get off his gag. Gareth walked over pulling it out of his mouth.

'Got something to say chatterbox?' Gareth smirked, crossing his arms.

'Come on man let us go!' He begged 'These guys! They have families! It could work man! You just gotta give us a chance!'

'No chance Bob.' Gareth said, putting the gag back onto his mouth.

Four of eight of us were left, Glenn was next, then me, then rick, then Bob and then...it was all over. Our dysfunctional little family would be torn to shreds.

The guy swung the bat, but a bang or...a...a explosion rumbled through the building. Knocking everyone who was tied up to the floor, I looked down seeing rick pull one of the steak we had made from his pants leg, and attempt to saw off his bindings. I shuffled in front of him, just as Gareth left to see what the sound was, so rick could get himself free without being caught.

'We shouldn't be here!' One of the butchers paced back as forth.

'Its our job.' The other lousily tried to reassure his friend.

'But we should be out there fighting! Not in here killing these id-'

And that's when Ricks steak tore into the guys neck. His friend gasped, stumbling backwards but rick got him too. He jogged over to the three of us, grabbing the butchers knife and freeing us all.

As we ran from the building I couldn't help but think...who started the explosion?

*Carol's POV*
-a few minutes earlier-

I looked through my scope, peering across at terminus land. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, that was until I saw Rick, Glenn, Bob and...Daryl tied up, being dragged inside a building. I smirked to myself noticing the gas tank, a group of people fled away from the gates seeing a herd of walkers stumble towards their fences. I picked up my rifle and shot at the gas tank, the first three shots missed but the fourth shot right through the middle, releasing the contents of the tank out onto the walkers. I picked the fire work, placing it inside my gun and shot it at the tank. The entire thing exploded, sending the walkers flying across the dirt, sending up a cloud of dust. When the tank had explored it had done exactly what I had wanted it to, the yellow painted faces dropped to the ground letting in tons upon tons of walkers. Terminus was about to get one hell of a shock.