Six - Lost.

"Wake up Lydia... Lyds... Lydia... Seriously dude, wake up!"

"What is it?" I questioned letting my shirt slightly fall down my shoulder, exposing skin.

"Nothing, I was just lonely." Carl shrugged, "And I found this book, it's interesting, don't you think?"

"That's-"

"Your diary? Yes it is." He spoke, "I didn't mean to read it but it fell open on the floor and well... It's a real page turner."

"Carl..." I breathed

"It's adorable really, you started it at the beginning right?"

I nodded.

"You talk all about how much you loved Mark and how even though he used to be an asshole he's probably the best thing to ever happen to you. You even talked about me a little, about how we left you, how much you loved me and even the moment you stopped." He let out a shaky breath, flipping a couple of pages, "and here's the interesting part.. I'm still unsure of my feelings for Carl! But with our whole situation and the fact there may never be anyone else, my only option is to act happy purely for Carl's benefit... Maybe if he hadn't left me before the world turned to shit, I would still like him!"

He let out a scream of anger before kicking a chair over, it cluttered against the ground, sliding across its surface before clashing against the wall.

"Carl please calm down... You know I didn't mean it like that! I care about you, I really do! You have to believe me!"

"No! You're a liar! You're all goddamn liars!"

"Please..." I choked

I took a strong hold of his arm and in a desperate plea to shake me off, he swung his arm back, elbowing me in the eye. I stumbled back, grasping my injured eye, I stared at him in shock.

"Lydia. I am so, so sorry, I didn't mean to-" he choked touching my already bruised eye

"Don't touch me!" I shook my head, my words barely rose above a whisper. I pushed his hands away from me.

I ran with tears angrily falling down my face, I didn't know what I was doing and I certainly didn't know where I was going, but I left...

I shoved open the prison's iron gates, with anger and pain coursing through my veins. I began shooting all the walkers in my path until I reached the thick foliage of the forest where Carl had found me. I strolled in as if it was the safest place on earth, until I stumbled over something that stunk, I looked over and there was Mark... well the rotting corpse version of him.

His stomach was torn open and a walker was eating what ever was left inside, I put a hand over my mouth in shock. I still had nightmares of Mark's face, his bloody, disfigured, once beautiful face...

And all of a sudden the thing that was eating him, looked up.

"Shit."

I got up and ran for my life but it dove ontop of me. I pulled my gun out of my shoe and tried to shoot the creature, but no bullets left its chamber.

All I could think to do was keep holding its face away from me for aslong as I could, but I felt too weak to even raise a finger, i was sad, distraught, upset, angry... Everything was just a little too much.

Suddenly a bat hit the walker in the back of the head and the creature collapsed ontop of me, blood covered my clothes and face but I'd rather have that than be dead.