Seventy Four - Two Can Be as Bad as One.

"How you doing kid?"

"I'm fine, you know apart from the whole losing my leg and almost dying, other than that I'm doing fine and dandy!"

"For a minute I thought we lost you."

"So did I." I sighed, he placed a hand on my shoulder

"Connor carried you the whole way back, you know? I was the first one to see him, he ran to the gate, a couple walkers following him, as soon as I saw you hung over his shoulder like a dead animal I knew something was wrong."

"I didn't realise you cared that much."

"You remind me of my daughter." He ruffled my hair, "I couldn't let you die... I broke the lock on the gate trying to get to ya."

"Really?" A smile lit up my face

"Yep, Spencer's out there right now trying to fix it."

"That's so cool that you did that."

"I almost left Connor outside." He laughed, "I just scooped you up and ran to the infirmary. But then of course I remembered that little runt and had to go back for him."

"Thank you for helping me."

"You're welcome." He smiled, "Ron's waiting outside, you want me to tell him to come in?"

"Sure." I nodded, watching as the large man headed for the door.

"Abraham?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for being there. You realise you're stuck with me now, right?"

"Oh kid, I wouldn't have it any other way."

*

*

*

*

*

*

"Look at you! Taking it like a champ!"

One hit.

Two.

"Suck my nuts!"

Three.

Four.

"Did you hear that he said suck my nuts?" Five.

A dozen.

Death.

I knelt there, Abraham's blood covering my face, like a second skin. I was numb, unable to breathe, unable to do anything but sit there, staring at the mass of blood and flesh that had once been his head. Every moment of my life that he'd been apart of flashed before my eyes as I stared at him, or what was left of him.

"Abraham?"

"Abraham..." I spoke lowly, knowing that my voice would crack if I spoke any louder.

"You guys, look at my dirty girl!" Negan motioned to Lucille, he turned to Rosita, a glint held in his eyes, "Sweetheart, lay your eyes on this- oh... oh damn. Were you guys together? That's gotta suck. Come on! Look at him! Red just took one... or six or seven for the team! So take a damn look!"