Sixty Four - Goodbye Sister.

"Go!"

"Go now!"

"Everybody get in your houses!"

The sound of gunshots rang in my ears and the ringing didn't stop, I was practically paralysed as I stood back and watched the walkers get closer and closer to me.

Carl tugged on my arm forcefully pulling me back and away from the onslaught of dead people.

Ron appeared beside him and threw me over his shoulder.

"I don't have time to argue with you now, you're a better shooter than me, defend her."

Carl gingerly nodded as he began to shoot round after round of bullets into skulls, the creature's brain matter's shooting through the air like fireworks.

Michonne, Gabriel, Rick and Deanna were all suddenly at our side and as we became even remotely close to some form of safety, we were cut off.

A walker only inches away clawed at my hair and pulled me from my perch on Ron's shoulder, we both came tumbling to the ground and I rolled off into the crowd of walkers, I could hear more gunfire followed by the sound of footsteps and finally the sound of a door slamming and that was when I knew they were safe.

However I wasn't.

With no form of weapon I was too far gone. I was one of them now.

Or so I thought.

"Come on!" A voice yelled

Rachel pulled me to my feet and began to drag me forwards through the crowd of dead, she held her machete outwards, hitting anything that came too close for comfort.

"Do you have a weapon?" She questioned, smashing in a walkers skull.

"No..." I mumbled, "wait, switch sides!"

She raised a eyebrow but did as I said.

"Now lift my weight on my right side."

She hastily did so and I quickly removed my prosthetic leg and began hitting walkers over the head with it and surprisingly, It worked.

"We have to make it to Blake and I's house, he's in there with some others, it's safe."

"My brother? Is he in there?"

"Yeah, he's safe!"

"And Connor a-and Dani?"

"They're all safe."

"What about Michael and Sophie?"

She grew silent.

"Rachel... answer me."

"I-I don't know where they are."

"We have to find them."

"We need to get to safety Lydia, it's all that matters!"

"She's all that matters! She's my sister!"

"Okay, we get Sophie and then get to safety."

"Good." I nodded, more to reassure myself than Rachel.

We ran in the direction of my house but when we reached the house, I saw a sight I'd never thought I'd see, on the other side of the blood stained white picket fence lay Sophie in the tall grass, Michael hovering over her as he clawed away the skin of her stomach.

"Sophie!" I screamed

I jumped over the white picket fence and collapsed to the ground, hastily I replaced my prosthetic leg and ran towards her, weaponless and frantic to save my best friend, I grabbed a boy who I had used to care so much about by the collar of his shirt and dragged him towards the fence, forcing his head down onto one of the spiked planks of wood.

The other end came up through his mouth and I found myself pulling him back up and forcing him down just as hard.

"Lydia..."

"Sophie." I whispered as I fell to the ground beside her, I pulled her head into my lap, "You're okay."

"No I'm not Lydia... look at me... look at Michael..."

"I can't!" I sobbed

"Look at us!"

"I can't! I'm sorry!"

"We're dead Lydia, but y-you're not."

"Don't do this Soph, please... I love you, y-you're my sister."

"I'm one of them now."

"Sophie no!" I pleaded, my salty tears falling down onto her forehead.

"Tell Carl I love him..."

"You're not saying goodbye. Not like this."

"Hand me Michael's gun."

"Sophie."

"Rachel, if she won't do it, you do it."

Rachel's blue eyes flickered between my sister's dying figure and my own before she nodded and walked over to Michael's corpse. She pulled his gun from it's holster and lay it beside Sophie.

"Lydia..." she choked, blood beginning to fall from the corner of her mouth. "Help me."

"No." I shook my head, "I can't..."

"If you were ever my friend kill me."

"No."

"Kill me!"

"I can't!"

Walkers began to notice the dying girl on the ground and began to hungrily throw their arms forward over the fence, Rachel stared at the two of us before strolling towards the walkers beginning to cut open their heads, one by one.

"Please Lydia..."

I released a shaky breath and lifted the gun to Sophie's temple, my hand shook as I pressed my finger against the trigger. Her hand reached up and held my own, steadying it.

"I love you Lydia."

"I love you too..." a final tear fell down my cheek and she wiped it away

"You know what they say" she smiled, "always go out with a bang."

"Goodbye sister."

I leant down to her level and pressed my lips to her forehead before pulling the trigger...

"It's just like she's sleeping." Rachel stood at my side.

"Goodnight Sweetheart." I pulled her eyelids closed and stood from my place on the ground.

"It's Gone."

"It's?"

"It's not Sophie anymore, it's just a dead body."

"She's your sister."

"She was my sister, she's dead now."

"You can't just shut yourself off like that."

"Well I already have! I have lost everything! My mom! My step-dad! Ash! Mark! Andrea! T-dog! Lori! Michael! Sophie! And that's just a few people! Can you really blame me for shutting myself off!"

"You're right I can't blame you, because I haven't lost as much as you. But yeah I've lost someone who means just as much to me as Sophie does to you, and you wanna know what the worst part is? I don't even know if she's alive or dead... you and I, we're the same."

"Maybe we are." I nodded

"But the only difference is I promised her I'd tell Carl she loved him and I intend to keep that promise."

"But what about your brother? And Connor? And your cousin?"

"Tell them I'll find them, but I already lost Carl once... I won't lose him again."

So Sophie's dead, I've been planning this for a while and I neglected to think about the emotional pain I'd cause myself over it since she was such a important part of the story as well as Michael but this way new storylines can be created but just know this was just as painful for me as it was you.