Forty Three - Not A Loser After All.

*Carl's POV*

'Lydia!' I screamed, dropping to my knees and clutching where my heart was, it felt physically broken...why couldn't I have just volunteered for her? then she'd still be alive and I woudn't be feeling this pain in my chest.

Everyone around me began to sob, except for Rosita, Eugene and abraham. Even Tara was sobbing quietly to herself, they's become great friends in a matter of days, but one thing that wasn't right was, sophie stood their motionless until a slight smile appeared on her face.

The traincart doors slid open, and 3 of gareths henchman shoved glenn, who I assumed was dani and Lydia's dead body through the doors, then quickly slammed them.

I crawled over to her, choking on my own tears.

'please don't be dead, I need you...I love you...' I sobbed

'i love you too.' she smiled up at me

'wait a second...guys!' I yelled 'she's alive!'

'how are you alive?' Sasha asked, crouching down beside us with everybody else.

'well...sophie do you wanna tell them?' she asked

'when me and Lydia were 7, we were climbing this huge tree, that no one had gotten to the top before, you remember it right?' she asked me

'yeah sorta.' I shrugged, not sure what it had to do with anything that was going on during that moment.

'well, Lydia got up to the top, whilst I stayed a few branches down incase I fell, but it turned out the branches at the top were a lot thinner than the others, and the one Lydia was stood on snapped, I just remember seeing her fall and trying to catch her, but she was too far away, she just kept falling and then I heard a thud...'

'did she die?' Abraham asked, a gasp leaving his lips.

'yeah Abe, I died and now I'm back to haunt trees'

'you wish you were that cool' carl laughed

'anyway...when she fell, she dislocated her shoulder and Broke her ankle, but her shoulder couldn't be popped back into place, so they put a metal plate in her shoulder to help it go back in, but they never got to remove it...'

*Lydia's POV*

'wait so the bullet's still in your shoulder?' carl asked

'yeah...' I winced slightly, shuffling against the cart's wall.

'here.' he bit his lip 'let me get it baby...'

'bite down on this.' he stated handing me my bandana

I quickly placed it between my teeth, and bit down just as the pain of the bullet being removed surged through me.

'shh, shh shh' carl attempted to calm me 'it's all done now'

'thank god!' I groaned resting my head on his shoulder

'i'm so glad you're okay' he smiled as he wrapped up my shoulder.

'yeah...me too' I smiled back, kissing his cheek.

'you wanna meet your cousin?' he asked

'i wanna meet dani.' I stated, standing up

we both walked over to her, side by side.

'umm, excuse me?' I tapped her shoulder

suddenly she turned around, hugging me hard and as fast as she possibly could.

'thank you so much, how could you risk your life for me though, we barely know eachother...' she asked

'you're a dixon. and dixon's stick together.'