Hold On. (KageTsuki)

••• ━━━°⟡°━━━ •••

Inspired by Chord Overstreet's "Hold On".

× WARNING ×

Attempted Suicide

••• ━━━°⟡°━━━ •••

"I hate you," the blonde said with a smile, his hair and clothes were damp, Kageyama laughed, "It's what you get for throwing my towel out of the gym."

The two proceed to climb out of the river while pushing each other back into it, it took long for the two of them to stop and head back to their home.

"Hello," Kageyama knocked on the door, getting no reply, he walked to the back of the house, finding a spare key in a hidden place. Unlocking the door, he was greeted by dead silence. A feeling settled in his stomach, he flinched and raced to upstairs.

He swung Tsukishima's bedroom door open, sweat broke out in his palm, he approached the bathroom, knocking, shouting, and finally breaking into it.

The blonde laid silently on the floor. A bottle of pills in his hand.

"Kei, Kei!" Kageyama knelt next to the blonde, then quickly typed a number he hoped he never had to dial.

Tobio clasped Kei's cold hand and placed it against his forehead. He sat in the ambulance, his nightmare became true.

As they took Tsukishima away, he paced in the lobby, hoping, praying.

The air was cold. The room was quiet. Kei's weak breathing was the only hope that Tobio clung on.

"I'm sorry."

"You know I'm always here to listen to you," Kageyama spoke into his phone, hearing a familiar snicker coming out of it, "Geez, that sentence doesn't suit you," "Oi!! I'm being caring here!!" "Yes, yes, Tobio. I'm fine."

Talk to me.

I want to help you.

I want to save you.

Those eyes say it all, you are not fine.

Stop lying.

Tell me.

Please.

Don't leave me.

"I still want you," Kageyama spoke, laying down on the bed, hand still in contact with Kei's. "I need you," a few drops of clear liquid fell.

The two wiped their faces with paper towels, sitting by the river they just pulled each other into. "Let's go home," he said while shining a smile. Not many people get to see his real grin, Tobio is one of the people that can see his true smile.

Soft, relaxed, and absolutely beautiful.

"Baby, let's go home," Tobio kissed Kei's lips, making the other flustered. "You idiot, don't do that! And please don't call me that again," Kei spoke, annoyed with a flustered smile. "What's with that half rude half polite sentence?!" Kageyama laughed. The two stood up and returned to their homes.

"Tobio," Tsukishima greeted him when he entered the room he had been visiting for the past few days, Kageyama's vision was blurred by his own tears.

He dropped his bag and hugged his lover.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"What are you apologizing for? I should be the one saying sorry."

Kageyama's voice was drowned out by his own tears, Tsukishima only watched and pat his lover's back, smiling.

"Baby, let's go home."

••• ━━━°⟡°━━━ •••

Credit

Cover art by Onaii on DeviantArt

Edited by me

••• ━━━°⟡°━━━ •••