a better thing? (DaiSuga + Michimiya)

"Sawamura-kun!" Michimiya waved at the end of the hall, not many students were passing by, so Daichi could see her clearly. "Oh, Michimiya! Hello," Daichi turned around and saw the girl running towards him. "Congratulations on going to the Nationals!" She beamed, fidgeting her fingers as she starts getting nervous while looking at the other male. Yes, Daichi can be intimidating some time, but he's really handsome when he smiles.

"Thanks!" Daichi grinned, but soon his gaze dropped. "What's wrong?" Michimiya asked as she was surprised when Daichi looked down, "It's nothing, it's just that, we are graduating and, time just pass real fast, you know?" Michimiya nodded, the number of the students decreased, it's time, she can almost feel like they are helping her.

"Yeah, it does... Sawamura-kun, do you want to do anything crazy or fun, before you graduate?" Michimiya asked, slowly bringing the topic in, she hopes that her confession will go as well as she thought, she was aware of the risk of rejection, but heck, that is her something crazy she wants to do before graduation.

"Not really, I mean, my dream has been achieved, so what more could I ask for?" Daichi shrugged, his smile still on his face. "What about you, Michimiya?"

That sentence made Michimiya's heart thumped quicker, she parted her lips, which carved a small, shy smile as a blush adorned her cheeks. "Me? Well, I, I've always wanted to tell you, that, I-"

"I've always, liked you, Sawamura-kun. I like you a lot."

Daichi's face heat up, he scratched his neck and struggled to find a reply. "Sorry, Michimiya... I'm happy that you feel that way, but, sorry, I can't return your feelings... You see... I-" Daichi gestured, his hand moving from his nape to his collar, Michimiya looked at the nervous male, heart still aching, but she never saw the sentence coming.

"I am in a relationship with Sugawara."

Michimiya's hands shot up to her face, there were tears in her eyes. "I can't believe it..." Daichi jolted, before he could speak, Michimiya took a deep breath before speaking, at almost frequency that was too high.

"That is so cute!!!"

Daichi was surprised, he didn't expect Michimiya to be so, enthusiastic, about his relationship with Suga, he honestly thought she would be a whole lot upset.

"Pipe down!" Daichi placed a finger on his lips, "Can we talk about this in another place?" Michimiya nodded and dashed for the rooftop, Daichi could only follow after her.

"You two would totally look cute together!!! Do you have any photos? I never thought of that you two would be a couple but now that I think of it you two are totally adorable!!!" Michimiya continued as Daichi made his way up to rooftop.

"I will tell you more about us if you will keep our relationship a secret," Daichi said as he shut the door tight, Michimita nodded furiosly as he gazed around to look for his lunch spot, Suga probably would come around not long after.

"This is where Suga and I eat lunch together some times," Daichi sat down as the short hair girl followed. "Speaking of lunch, where's your bento?" Daichi placed his lunch box on his lap as he asked Michimiya. "Well, I was in a hurry, so I forgot..." she said awkwardly, "I'll get it later! Tell me more! Oh right, question, who confessed first?"

"Actually, I had a crush on Suga, but he confessed first," Daichi covered his face with his palm as he can feel blood rushing to his face, Michimiya was smiling widely as she listened, well, it still hurts, but Daichi and Sugawara together is just too wholesomely sweet.

"And then?" she asked, wanting more detail of what happened. The male continued, "I told him that I also liked him, but I was scared," he laughed. "When's the first time you two kissed?" Michimiya's eyes sparkled, Daichi was shy when it comes to this kind of talk, Michimiya thought. That kind of makes him a bottom.

Wait wait wait, no- Michimiya pushed away the thought, her focus was back as Daichi tried to speak again.

"It was right here, on the rooftop... I tackled him, he was lying on the ground, then I kissed his cheek? He's the one pulling me in to a proper kiss on the lips." Michimiya squealed silently as she imagined the scene.

Sugawara walked up to the stairs, he opened the door leading to the rooftop and heard a girl's voice, "Sugawara-kun is really cute for a guy!" His face went red at the comment, he walked towards the source of the voice, as he turned the corner to peek at whoever was talking about him, he heard Daichi's reply.

"It's true, he's really cute, and charming- too..." Daichi met the hazel eyes, his face lit up in embarrassment, Michimiya turned her head to look behind her. "Oh, Sugawara-kun!" Michimiya jumped up in excitement, "I just knew about that you two are together! That's, really, cute!!" Sugawara blushed, hard, he lowered his head and nodded with a smile.

Sugawara sat down, Daichi was avoiding eye contact, he noticed then smirked mischievously, "What? Why are you being all shy now right after saying I'm cute?" he said teasingly, making Daichi look further away from him while pouting, "You have the worst timing," he complained, making the two giggle.

"I thought it was the best timing I've made outside of volleyball," Sugawara teared the food's wrapping open, Daichi unwrapped his bento, Michimiya stood up, "I'll get my bento, be right back!" Sugawara and Daichi nodded in sync, Michimiya's lips curved into a smile as she left.

They ate in silence, Sugawara finished his bread quickly and folded the wrapping, he continued chewing and stared out into the sky. "Hey, wanna have a bite?" Daichi picked up some of his food with his chopstick, Sugawara nodded and ate what Daichi picked for him.

Michimiya ran up the stairs and went back to the spot, Daichi was now feeding Suga another bite of his lunch, Sugawara munched down. Michimiya blushed at the sight as she sat back down. "Yum," Sugawara licked his lips.

Daichi is finishing the rest of his lunch, Sugawara rested his back against the wall and drifting to sleep, it was too quiet, and the weather was good. Michimiya quietly ate her food, noticing Sugawara dozing off and Sawamura eating as much as he can since lunch time is almost over.

Daichi wrapped his lunch box and looked at Suga, who was asleep soundly, no wonder it was quiet.

"Suga, wake up, we are heading back to class," he shook the teen, Sugawara proceeds to yawn and rubs his eyes, "Sorry, it was too comfortable," he stretched his arms and stood up, Michimiya quickly closed her lunch box and stood up along with the two other boys.

"Well, we will be heading back now," Daichi placed a hand on Suga's back, they exited the staircase and said goodbye to each other.

Michimiya smiled to herself as she headed back to class. "Yui, how was it?" her friend asked, assuming she confessed successfully, "I failed,"

"But I think I found a better thing."

Her friend was puzzled. Well, they will learn about it soon enough, Michimiya can't keep it a secret for too long, but she won't spread it around, right? Right.

And that's all-

┌                                                   ┐

Thanks for reading ovo

Credit:

Images from the anime, Haikyu!!

Edited by me

└                                                  ┘