Prologue - The beginning of the beginning

I recall a time, a time where even I was weak, frail, unable to defend myself or anyone else around me, I was left to rot and die that day......but.....it would seem fate had other plans.

" Quickly search the village! "

Was the order that Acier Silva had given the both her Silver Eagle squad and the Crimson Lion squad that was led by the father of the well known Mereoleona: Leonidas Vermillion, you could say Fuegoleon resembled his father a lot, as they shared similar qualities. The two squads had returned from a dungeon investigation but had stumbled across a burning village; of course the Silver Eagles had managed to put out the fire all the while as the Crimson Lion had searched for any survivors.

Nothing, no one, just bones and ash " Dam those bandits...." Acier muttered before seeing Leonidas walk past her " Do you here that?" He asked as everyone fell silent and looked around trying hear what Leonidas heard, and soon they did; a very faint cry, of a toddler who was frightened, scared. Leonidas quickly made his way through what remained of the village, stopping in front of a house and seeing a small boy trapped under the rubble of building, luckily he wasn't buried alive, but he was indeed trapped as his frail body and arms wouldn't be able to get all the wooden planks from above his captive position. In swift movements, Leonidas had threw the planks aside and quickly picked up the child. This boy had to be around at least three-years-old, but was lighter than any child Leonidas had ever held. The boy kept crying even after being picked up by the Crimson Lion Caption. Leo has sighed before looking at the boy and cradling him with on arm " Little one, shh" he had taken a handkerchief from his pocket and began wiping the ash off the toddlers cheeks which the younger had stopped crying and gave a small pout as he grabbed onto Leo's wrist with his small hands " Sit still please, I'm only trying to wipe your face " Leo chuckled as he heard Acier running over before blinking seeing the small toddler being held by Leonidas " He's the only one?" Acier asked as Leonidas nodded softly, as Acier had starred at the boy, smiling a little before eyeing a necklace around his neck, she tilted her head me carefully placed her hand under the necklace which it opened and showed a family crest along with a name "....Kagura....Jaden..." she blinked a couple times " I believe that's his name Acier" Leo spoke as he looked down at the boy " It's a nice name, suiting " Acier nodded as she stood fully again as she then asked " What are we to do with him?" She asked " We could leave in an orphanage in the next village over" she suggested " No..." Leonidas said as he looked down at the boy named Kagura " N-No?" Acier starred at Leo " I'm going to keep him....." he said as he watched Kagura grab onto his finger and blink twice " Yes....I'm going to adopt him" Leo smiled just a little as Acier only nodded " Then let's good go home then..."