Epilogue

Years have passed and life has been amazing, although we have had our ups and downs just like any other couple. Nine years and two kids later, my love for Bria has only blossomed into something that I could only explain as beautiful. I can't really say what that something was; frankly, there just aren't any words to explain it. I just know she becomes more beautiful in my eyes each day.

Our life had become truly amazing. I continued working at the hospital as director, Bria went on to enroll at the University of Washington School of Law, graduated with honors and took her bar exam and passed with flying colors. She now works for my brother, which by the way, he now owns our fathers firm and she took over Darien's position in the office.

When Ellie was a year and a half, we found out Bria was pregnant, this time with a boy. We again struggled with choosing a name but knew his middle name would be James as this was a name passed down to all the boys in my family in some way.

Eventually we decided on Cole Etien James Westbrook. Bria heard the name Etien one time and fell in love with it. I wasn't particularly settled on the name so we agreed to make it his middle name, Cole wasn't picked from anything special. It was just a name we both liked and agreed on.

Bria finally got her natural birth she wanted. Watching her birth our son naturally was something so fascinating and beautiful. I never realized how strong a woman's body was until I watched our son come into this world, free of intervention.

Now we're here, living in the same house where it all started, two kids and happy as ever. Cole plays for one of the local little league baseball teams and Elliott is a gymnast who's trained by one off the best in town; she also plays softball. Her heart is set on being on the Olympic gymnastics team when she's old enough.

Elliott is now nine and Cole is, as of today, seven years old. We decided to have a large pool party in our backyard, complete with two inflatable water slides, and Cole wanted a taco cart. Elliott and Cole are more Bria's kids than mine; she was crazy over tacos and so were the kids (insert eye roll here).

"Dad! This slide is awesome. Thank you for getting everything I asked for."

"Son, as long as you keep getting old grades, continue to be respectful and keep up with your sports you begged to be apart of, you can have anything you want." I say scratching his head.

"Want a taco my love?"

"Is it chicken or carne?"

"Carne." She says while taking a bite.

"Really, you offer me a taco and eat it?"

"I didn't say this one was for you, I just asked if you wanted a taco."

"Oooh BURN mom!"

"Cole, go play on your water slide or something." I say with a chuckle and roll my eyes.

"No, I want a taco too."

Elliot had a few friends over and they were all in their own little world by the pool. She was blossoming into such a smart young lady, but I couldn't help but feel like those teenage years were creeping up on us sooner than expected. We stole every moment with love and happiness from both of our kids.

"Bria, Cole and Elliott! Come let's take a family photo together."

Every year for Elliott and Cole's birthdays, we took a family photo, just so we can see how they've grown over the years. Our family was everything I had always pictured; everything I always wanted. There were times I didn't think this was ever going to our future. Closing my eyes was the only place I could see her; in my dreams. Now we're here with two beautiful kids. My perfect dream come to life.

Art created and commissioned by Asimarts on Instagram

There will be a sequel to NOAH coming soon.
Be on the lookout, more information is posted on my Instagram.