Chapter 14

Four Months Later
Noah
After we left South Carolina, Bria had accepted that her father didn't want to be apart of her life and left it at that. However, she and her siblings have kept in constant contact with her. I think it's helped fill the void that was left when she lost Whitney. She's become less reckless emotionally and opens up a lot more. Everyone around her has noticed a difference in her happiness. We began planning our wedding, and decided not to wait too long so we set a date for six months out. Everything was set and all that was needed was for Bria to find her dress.

"Good morning sunshine." She says, gently placing a kiss on my cheek. "It's time to get going, the bills don't pay themselves."

"Ugh, but I don't wanna." Bria stopped in her tracks and turned on her heels to look at me. I looked up at her, she was wearing a black pencil skirt and a loose chiffon top. Her signature attire. She hardly wore anything else, but I'm glad she didn't because I loved the way he looked in it.

"Noah James. I made you breakfast and if you complain any longer, you won't have time to eat. Up, now!"

"I like when you're bossy."

"Ugh!" She walked away mumbling under her breath and I couldn't help but chuckle. Our lives were finally going to the way we had always planned. We'd finally managed to get through all the bumps in the road and everything was great. Cara seemed to let go of whatever she thought was going to happen and Greyson hasn't tried to contract her since the wedding.

I got out of bed and took a quick shower. I grabbed my clothes and got dressed. I felt eyes on me and turned to see Bria eyeing me from the doorway. The sun was hitting her face just right, and I could see her beautiful brown eyes glowing in the light as a little curl had fallen from her bun. Her eyes resemble two pools of brown sugar and honey. Something about her today, was just more radiant than the last.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Noah?"

"You just look different today. You have this glow about you, especially when you smile." I walked closer to her, and grabbed both of her hands placing them at my lips. "I love you."

"And I love you. Now go, eat."

"I don't have time, I have a meeting before my day starts so I will eat on the road. Grab your shoes, let's get going." I made myself a quick cup of coffee and grabbed a few pieces of bacon Bria made and we headed out the door to begin another day.

"Hey, you wanna have lunch with me today?" I asked before getting in our separate cars.

"At the hospital?"

"Don't worry, my office was moved overnight and I'll meet you out front."

"I'll let you know when it gets closer to lunch." I could hear the hesitation in her voice, and I couldn't say that I blamed her. I had just hoped she trusted me enough to know she would be ok as long as she was with me.

After a twenty minute drive, I arrived at work and parked in the garage and finished off my coffee. The hospital was busy today and I knew that meant my day would be even busier. However, that would have to wait.

"Good morning Doctor Westbrook, thank you for being early. Your seat is here in the front next to mine."

"Next to yours? Mr. Kingston, isn't that the head of the boards seat?"

"It is, she's out for a few weeks so you're taking her place in her absence. I hope you don't mind, I thought you'd best fit that job."

"No sir, not at all. You're the boss." He looked at me with a devilish smile as he leaned back in his chair. I was afraid the looming question everyone had in the back of their minds was finally going to make its presence. I've heard people whispering but I never paid it any mind. But something told me that can of worms was slowly being opened in this room.