Chapter 8

Noah
The sound of the morning alarm clock blared through my bedroom. I look over and see my girl laying ever so peacefully, sleeping like an angel she is. My thoughts consumed me as I walked to the kitchen for a glass of water. I don't want to get my hopes up, thinking she's here for good. But I don't want to let her go, not again and I'd fight harder for her this time.

Even if it weren't me, she deserves better than someone who would lay a hand to her other than to grace her with their love. I'd like to think my mother and especially my father, raised me and Darien to treat our significant other with love and respect.

No matter how hard times seem to be, respect was always most important. Bria deserves the world, and I want to give it to her. I find myself back in the room, she's still sleeping like nothing was bothering her. Just dreaming in peace and I place a kiss on her cheek to wake her from her slumber.

"Beautiful, it's time to wake up. We have things to take care of. Get your butt up."

"Mmm, no. Five more minutes, Noah."

"Bria..."

"Five more minutes. Come here, let me feel your body on mine."

"Uh, I have no objection to that."

I got back in bed with my beautiful girl, and quickly pulled her into me as she threw the sheet over us. She looked into my eyes, and I looked into hers; I don't know how I was so lucky to be here with her again. We did nothing but stare at each other, wrestle playfully and kissed each other all over. I placed myself on top of her and she threw the sheet up just a bit, and the way the light illuminated her beautiful brown skin made me realize my words have always been true: she is my Angel.

"You truly are MY Angel." She didn't say anything, she just gave me the softest, loving smile.

"I wish we could stay here all day Noah."

I could tell she was starting to come back down to reality and it was scaring her. But there's nothing left for her to be afraid of. As long as I'm around, nothing and no one was going to hurt her ever again.

"Come on, let's get this done and over with."

"There's actually something I wanted to talk to you about."

"What's that?"

"I know you said I could stay here..."

"Bria."

"I know, but I think I should be on my own. If we're going to be together, then I want to take things slow Noah. I still feel awful for what I did, and I want you to be sure this is what you want. I figured if, in six months everything is going great, then we could talk about me moving in."

I'll admit, this wasn't what I expected but I'm not exactly surprised. I see in her eyes it's hard to understand that after everything that happened, I still love her.

"I would love to have you here, and wake up next to you everyday. You are what I want. If it's time you need, then it's time you'll get. I'm ready when you're ready. Now, let's get ourselves together and get the day started. He should be at the hospital by now so let's get going."

Bria
I know, I'm crazy for wanting this; getting right back into a relationship after leaving one. The heart knows what the heart wants. My heart has wanted Noah since the day I met him. Everything happens for a reason and even though it happened in a shitty way, I know things were meant to end with Greyson. Today is the day I end this chapter of my life and continue where Noah and I left off.

"I'm ready. Let's get this over with."

We left the house and got into Noah's truck and made the short drive to Greyson's. I had a whirlwind of thoughts in my mind; mostly fear. As we get closer to the house, I could feel my heartbeat picking up in speed and I start getting a little restless. Breathing wasn't helping at this point and I felt I was on the verge of a panic attack. I felt a knot in my stomach like I wanted to throw up. I felt a warmth shoot through my body that began to soothe my worries.