Chapter 9

I arrived at the bridal boutique and took a look around, being here felt so different than it was before. This could've been my time to look at wedding gowns, but for all the wrong reasons. Then again, I could've been here all those years ago, picking a wedding gown for my wedding with Noah.

Ever since he told me he was planning on asking me to marry him, I've been feeling pretty down. I've completely ruined every happy aspect of my life. I felt like I was in ruins as a tear fell from my eye. I can't help but wonder where my life would be if I had just said something when I walked in and seen it wasn't Noah. My heart was ruined for absolutely nothing and I had nobody to blame but myself.

"Hey Bria, are you ok."

"Huh? Oh, yea I'm fine. Let's get these dresses and go eat. I have the appetite of a bear right now."

I didn't hear Janelle walk into the shop nor did I realize I had drifted off with my thoughts. Today was the day she finally gets to see her wedding dress. Fully completed with alterations and all. She's been dying to get this dress back and try it on and I've been anxious to see how beautiful she looked in it.

Things have been fairly rough for Janelle and Darien lately with Christian acting erratic and like the clingy ex that just won't let go. She should thank her lucky stars I've missed her around town. I don't even know why she's back since she hated it here so much.

I slipped into the changing room and put my newly altered maid of honor dress on. My gown is beautifully simple, peach chiffon, floor length, with a flounce double layered bust. Something about this dress makes me feel beautiful. Maybe it was the beautiful color of peach nestled against my brown skin.

"Are you ready to see best friend?!"

"Of course! I've been waiting for six months." I stepped out of the changing room and stepped up on the pedestal in front of the mirrors. The employees started messing with pieces of the gown to ensure everything was perfect.

"Ok, I'm coming out."

I couldn't believe my eyes. Janelle, stepped out of the changing room looking like she just stepped out of a bridal magazine. Seeing it completed and it actually fitting without clips and her holding it up was like her stepping out of a fairy tale. Mermaid style, a belt with pearls and a satin bottom, short train and long sleeved lace top. Light floral designs in the upper waist and arms, and floral appliqués with a few pearl pieces sewn in.

 Light floral designs in the upper waist and arms, and floral appliqués with a few pearl pieces sewn in