Chapter 15 - A Tower

*Merida's POV*

We stepped through the portal and ended up in the middle of the woods. Great, where the hell are we going to go from here? I look around and see that Jack and Hiccup have already walked out of the magical gateway and are looking around also.

"Where do we go from here?" I hear Hiccups sweet voice ask, as I still turn slowly, taking in my surroundings.

"This way" Jack replied confidently, walking due west, I think.

"How do you know? She could be in the exact OPPOSITE direction for all we know!" I yell, not fully convinced.

"I just know, alright?!" Jack said back, trying to keep his cool. He started walking in the direction in which he started with Hiccup and I following behind.

I hope she's okay. She's like my sister, and I wouldn't be able to live if something happened to her.

We kept on walking until we came into a clearing through some leaves and vines hanging down, covering a cave.

We walked through the opening and found what we least expected. We found a tower.

It was tall, it looked a little old, covered in bricks, but still good enough to live in. I suppose. We walked towards it and found that there was no entry other than a window, all the way at the top.

"Up we go" was all Jack said before he flew up to the window. I looked at Hiccup and he shrugged back as he started twisting vines around our legs.

Once we reached the top, no one could see inside, it was all too dark.

"Merida, a little help?" Hiccup asks next to me. I have a small mind blank before I realise that I can control light. Duh.

I light up my hands, but only a little so it wasn't blinding. And pointed them towards the room.

What we saw in there will never leave my mind.

Rapunzel, small and fragile, chained up to a wall, with a cloth over her mouth. Laying sprawled out on the floor, motionless. Glass and other broken materials lay around her. My heart broke.

Then I realised that she wasn't moving. I couldn't even see if she was breathing or not.

Jack, Hiccup and I were in the small room in less than 5 seconds, all huddled around the still girl. Jack was kneeling down next to her while I was doing the same on the opposite side, keeping the light in my hands.

"Rapunzel? Rapunzel! Punzie!" Jack tried, but to no avail.

"Rapunzel! Can you hear me? Rapunzel, are you okay?" I join, trying to wake the unconscious girl. I take the cloth away from her face and melted the chains.

I grab her hand after a few minutes of silence and start to sob. That's it. She's gone and I couldn't help her.

A twitch. Her hand twitched! I frantically sat up and held her hand with both of mine.

"Guys, something.. Something happened! Her hand, it- it moved!" I stated towards the two boys as they look up with hope in their eyes.

"Rapunzel, can you hear me?" Hiccup asks, trying to sound clear and calm. She squeezed my hand.

I look up at the boys excitedly and her whole body began to shift. Finally her eyes opened and she looked so tired, but happy at the same time.

"Hello" was all she could manage.

A flood of relief fell upon me as she said that word. That simple word. I heard the other two let out a sigh of reassurance as well, having the weight lift off their shoulders.

"We thought we lost you!" Jack cries as he hugs her, awkwardly sitting on the ground.

"I'm not going anywhere." She replied with a small smile on her face.

"Well well well. If it isn't the other guardians, hear to save their little Punzie. What a silly idea that was" an intimidating voice from behind said. We all turned to see a woman, looking about in her 30's with black frizzy hair. She had a dagger clutched in her right hand and I moved towards the other three protectively.

"Who are you?" I demanded, eyeing her every move.

"Oh my dear." She said with an evil smirk playing on her face.

"The I'm Gothel"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOOHHHHH

Hi, I'm sorry for the late update!!

How have you been?? Did you like the Chapter? I know it wasn't that long, but hey, I tried!

Please leave a comment on what you think of this book so far :) (Im begging)

-I have to say this. Wattpad is being weird and won't let me comment. On anything! Not even my own stories, so if you want to ask me a question or something that needs an answer, feel free to DM me and I will be more than happy to :) I can still read your comments so please still comment :)

- I found a song that (I think) describes Jackunzel, so it's like a Jackunzel song and it's 'Angel with a shotgun' by 'the cab' so yeah you should listen to it:)

I will hopefully be updating soon, until then keep commenting voting and follow :)

*Milzy*