Chapter 12- truth or dare

*Rapunzels POV*

After lunch we all went to our separate rooms, mine being next to Merida's. After about five minutes of doing nothing other than sit on my bed, I go to Merida's room and knock on the door.

She comes almost instantly, looking quite happy that I came.

"Bored?" She asked as I nod as an answer. She steps aside and lets me into her room. It's not much different to mine, the only noticeable difference is that her furniture is arranged differently.

I sit on her bed not knowing what else to do and she follows.

"How are you adjusting?" I ask trying to spark up a conversation.

"Great actually, everyone here is very nice and friendly, except for Jack, he's a bit rude. Don't ya think?" She replies. I shrug, Jack hasn't been all that mean or rude to me.

"I think he's quite nice" I say, trying to be reasonable.

Merida just looks at me dumbfounded, then her face changes into a small smirk.

"What?" I say having a little worry in me.

"He's nice to you" she says, nudging my arm slightly. I'm still missing the point.

"And?" I ask pushing her further.

"Don't you see Rapunzel? He obviously likes you! I meant come on! He's nice to you, he looks jealous whenever you even SPEAK to Hiccup or bunny and he's always lookin' at you. I see it." She says, ticking them off her fingers. I can feel a slight blush creep up from my neck and onto my cheeks.

Before I can reply there is a knock at the door. I get up, feeling the awkwardness, and answer it. Coincidentally, it's Jack.

"Oh, hi Punzie, what are you doing here?" He asks leaning against the door frame. I was actually getting quite fond of that name. It's a nice nickname.

"I was bored, so I visited Merida. Why are you here?" I say, keeping the conversation going.

"I was coming to get you two. Hiccup and I were bored and wanted to know if you guys wanted to come hang out with us" he replies, giving me a pearly smile at the end. I turn around to Merida who is still on the bed smirking.

"Merida, shall we go?" I ask her, trying to get her mind off what she's thinking.

"Sure, let's go" she replies getting up and walking out. I close the door and walk next to them to Hiccups room.

"Hiccup we're coming in!"

Jack says before barging through the doorway and onto his bed. Merida and I sit on the bed also, leaning against the wall.

"So what are we doing?" Merida asks, fiddling with her fingers. Obviously bored.

"Truth or Dare!" Jack immediately replies, getting confused looks from the rest of us.

"Don't you guys know what that is?!" Jack yells, not believing us. All we do is shake our heads and he starts.

"Okay, well it's quite simple actually. A person starts off and chooses another person to pick truth or dare. If that selected person says truth, then they have to answer a question truthfully. If they pick dare, they have to do a dare that they are told to do. If they don't, there is a punishment which is yet to be decided." He explains rubbing his hands together.

"So, who's in?" He asks again and we all agree to play.

"Okay I'll go first" he says, choosing his first victim.

"Merida" he finally says, surprising us all.

"Truth or dare?" He questions.

"Uh, truth?" Merida answers, sounding unsure of her choice.