Chapter 13- Promises

*Merida's POV*

Once everyone has woken up we all go towards the dining hall for some breakfast. When I sit next to Hiccup, across from Rapunzel, I notice that she isn't eating. Not even moving, or breaking her stare from her plate, untouched, in front of her. I gently kick her foot under the table to get her attention and she looked up. Her eyes look slightly red, as if she'd been crying.

I mouth to her, trying not to let the boys see me, 'are you okay?' And all she does is nod in response. but I don't believe it. Not for a second.

When everyone finishes their meal, we get up to part our separate ways or to find a way to rid our boredom. I go to follow Rapunzel and find out what happend but I'm pulled back by someone. I turn around to find that Hiccup was holding my arm, making butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"I need to talk to you" was all he said in his quiet voice before turning on his heel and walking towards the back of the room. Oh god, what did I do this time? Was it something bad? Did I get caught breaking a rule? Oh no, was it that reindeer? Many questions run through my mind as I follow Hiccup to the back of the room.

"Well, um, Merida.." he turns "I need to tell you something that has been bugging me since, well probably since we met, um, wow, that's a while now, huh? ah, well, um..." he trails off, trying to stall something he's nervous about.

"Hiccup! Spit it out I dont have all day." I yell getting impatient. geez, whats his problem?
"Right. well, uh, Merida, I like you. And I have for a while, probably as I said, since we met. uh, yeah." he admits, looking me in the eye. I'm speechless and he sees my shocked expression and immediately regrets his words, I can see it.

"Oh man, I'm sorry! I didn't want it to ruin our friendship. I just needed to tell you and I'm sor-" I cut him off by something I've wanted to do since two days ago. I cut him off with a kiss. And when I pull away I see his face turning a dark shade of pink.

"I like you too, Hiccup." I wispered as I too, felt my cheeks start to heat up. He smiled at me and of course the moment was ruined by something. Or rather someone.

"Interrupting something, am I?" came Jacks annoying voice from the doorway.

"Shut it frost, or I'll melt your face off" I threathened turning to face the white-haired boy.

"Woah! Calm down there red! Just came here to tell you that Punzie wants to talk to you. She's in her room." My nostrils flare at the word 'red' but I ignore it and give Hiccup a quick peck on the cheek before leaving to find Rapunzel. Punching Jack in the arm on the way out.

I find her room and knock slightly. I hear a faint "come in" before opening the door and entering the room. The sight in front of me made me want to cry. Rapunzel sitting on her bed, surrounded by her hair, her eyes red and puffy and her room looked as though she unleashed an almighty hurricane in here.

I sit down on her bed next to her, waiting for her to speak first, but it never happened. So I spoke first. 'What happened?"

I knew there was no point in asking 'are you okay'? because the answer was obvious.

"It was my fault.. It was my fault.. It is my fault" she repeated. What was her fault? what was she blaming on herself?
"Whats your fault?" I ask, pushing for more answers.

"He left because of me. They left me. They all dont love me anymore, and its my fault." Whoever did this to her is going to pay. I hate seeing her like this.
"Who? Rapunzel, you've gotta tell me who" I start.

"Eugene and my parents. Eugene was my husband, before he left me and my kingdom with some of our goods. My mother and father blamed it on me, saying that if I didnt bring him to the kingdom or into the family, it wouldn't have happened. And they said that I had to leave because it was my fault that Eugene couldnt control his greed. None of them love me, and I dont know if they ever did or not." she explained, sobbing towards the end.

"Rapunzel, listen to me. Whether they love you or not, they are still your family. And as for that Eugene guy, forget about him! He sounds like a total idiot. If you feel like you dont have any family or anyone who loves you think again. I'm here. Hiccup is here. Jack is here. We are all here and we love you Rapunzel. We are your family, and we all will be here until the end. I promise." I reply as she still sobs at my side.
Rapunzel looks at me and suddenly draws me into a hug, crying on my shouder, I don't move instead I wrap my arm around her, trying to give her comfort.

"you're going to be alright." I say as she starts to fall asleep. I pull her out of my arms and tuck her into bed.

"I promise" I say as I shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YEAH

so hi! another chapter done and dusted. how did you like it? big merricup moment! 😄

are you liking this story? if so please comment and tell me your ideas and feedback ❤

And btw wattpad is being a poo to me and won't let me comment, but I can still see your comments and whatnot so, I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I literally cannot comment. On anything so yeah :|

*Milzy*